By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon in new markets - tracking Australian Amazon Deals

How competitive is Amazon in your country for gaming?

Incredibly competitive, r... 1 14.29%

Competitive, not excessiv... 1 14.29%

So-so. Occasional great deal 4 57.14%

Meh 0 0%

More expensive than other options 1 14.29%

This is a crap thread Sta... 0 0%

Total:7

Amazon launched in Australia today, and I thought it would be good to monitor how aggressively it enters a new market from a gaming perspective. If there is enough interest, over the next few months I will update this thread as people bring details to my attention.

It should also be a good indicator for those markets where Amazon is yet to open, of how competitive it will be for gaming when it eventually arrives.

As off today, Amazon's range is limited. I also cannot see that it is generally cheaper than other Australian retailers for gaming, with 2 significant exceptions:

Battlefront 2 for consoles is $18 cheaper than the next best price I can find (itself a price that only started today, no doubt in response to Amazon's launch) at $AU39. 

Nintendo Switch is $AU399. I have seen it on sale for a single day here of there at this price at other retailers, but generally the best you'll do if $AU449.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Missed this one.

A 1TB Minecraft Xbox One S for $AU319 - easily the cheapest 1TB X1S I have ever seen in Aus.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Xbox-One-Console-Minecraft-Limited/dp/B0773RFRRG/

Yay lucky us! Hopefully it does explode and will make the gaming market more interesting.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Australian best sellers: https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_0/355-2554803-4262139

Switch is the top selling console.

Ka-pi96 said:
Australia didn't have Amazon before? :O

Nope.

Around the Network

Before today all you could get from Amazon was downloadable books for Kindle. Been that way for years.

And yes, not surprises Switch is their top seller, comfortably the best price in the country.

starcraft said:
Before today all you could get from Amazon was downloadable books for Kindle. Been that way for years.

And yes, not surprises Switch is their top seller, comfortably the best price in the country.

Oh wow, that isn't a bad price.

p0isonparadise said:
Australian best sellers: https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_0/355-2554803-4262139

Switch is the top selling console.

I find it hard to believe that there are 2 PS4 Pro SKUs above the first PS4 Slim SKU.

spurgeonryan said:
I am surprised it was not there yet. You could not order online at all?

You know there are plenty of other stores out there, right?

The prices on new games look good but they will never be as low as the PSN sale prices.

Lawlight said:
spurgeonryan said:
I am surprised it was not there yet. You could not order online at all?

You know there are plenty of other stores out there, right?

The prices on new games look good but they will never be as low as the PSN sale prices.

Yes you could order online locally but the Amazon Australia store was just kindle  books  , my black Friday PSVR bundle was ordered from the US store because the new expanded store wasn't open by then.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot