By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2 is a Great Yardstick for Switch Software Potential! (UPDATED 12-27)

Tagged games:

Will be interesting to follow, it has more chance for growth than the last two, since those came out on the last legs of their respective systems.

Around the Network
ARamdomGamer said:
Will be interesting to follow, it has more chance for growth than the last two, since those came out on the last legs of their respective systems.

Did X come out on last legs? Thought more just came out on dead system. Xenoblade 1 also wasn't too late I don't think, just more along lines of extremely limited quantity. Hard to sell a million when only couple hundred thousand copies made and sold exclusively in one store, a store that also pretended they were sold out to sell them at marked up prices.

irstupid said:
ARamdomGamer said:

Did X come out on last legs? Thought more just came out on dead system. Xenoblade 1 also wasn't too late I don't think, just more along lines of extremely limited quantity. Hard to sell a million when only couple hundred thousand copies made and sold exclusively in one store, a store that also pretended they were sold out to sell them at marked up prices.

The original game imo would have sold a lot more if it weren't for NOA's piss poor handling of the situation, the game was part published by Gamestop in order to reach NA.

ARamdomGamer said:

I think there's an excellent chance that "2" won't see the 2nd week drop-off that the other two have (that's a lot of twos in that sentence). The shorter launch week, the holiday, and the energy of the Switch market could result better legs overall. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Here's a look at first month sales for XC2 vs. XCX:

Wk Chronicles X Chronicles 2 X LTD 2 LTD
1 85586 97732 85586 97732
2 11689 19678 97275 117410
3 4236 12017 101511 129427
4 2625 11777 104136 141204

Wk 4 sales for XC2 are from Famitsu. All others from Media Create. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7