By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2 is a Great Yardstick for Switch Software Potential! (UPDATED 12-27)

Tagged games:

ARamdomGamer said:
Will be interesting to follow, it has more chance for growth than the last two, since those came out on the last legs of their respective systems.

Did X come out on last legs? Thought more just came out on dead system. Xenoblade 1 also wasn't too late I don't think, just more along lines of extremely limited quantity. Hard to sell a million when only couple hundred thousand copies made and sold exclusively in one store, a store that also pretended they were sold out to sell them at marked up prices.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
ARamdomGamer said:
Will be interesting to follow, it has more chance for growth than the last two, since those came out on the last legs of their respective systems.

Did X come out on last legs? Thought more just came out on dead system. Xenoblade 1 also wasn't too late I don't think, just more along lines of extremely limited quantity. Hard to sell a million when only couple hundred thousand copies made and sold exclusively in one store, a store that also pretended they were sold out to sell them at marked up prices.

The original game imo would have sold a lot more if it weren't for NOA's piss poor handling of the situation, the game was part published by Gamestop in order to reach NA.

ARamdomGamer said:

I think there's an excellent chance that "2" won't see the 2nd week drop-off that the other two have (that's a lot of twos in that sentence). The shorter launch week, the holiday, and the energy of the Switch market could result better legs overall. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Here's a look at first month sales for XC2 vs. XCX:

Wk Chronicles X Chronicles 2 X LTD 2 LTD
1 85586 97732 85586 97732
2 11689 19678 97275 117410
3 4236 12017 101511 129427
4 2625 11777 104136 141204

Wk 4 sales for XC2 are from Famitsu. All others from Media Create. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7