By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's almost the end of 2017. Is PS Vue worth it???

Is PS Vue worth it???

Yes. 9 47.37%

No. 5 26.32%

Go with Hulu Live TV. 1 5.26%

Go with Sling TV. 0 0%

Go with YouTube TV. 0 0%

Other. 0 0%

Dunno... 4 21.05%

Total:19

Does this work well on things other than ps4. My parents want to switch providers but can’t use controllers well and my ps3 didn’t handle it well. My pro did but I don’t keep that in the family room. Will fire stick work well?

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
What even is PS Vue? Is it like Netflix?

No.  It’s a full tv service with live sports and everything.  It’s to help cut your cable and stream all tv along with cloud dvr which was pretty sweet when I could stream dragon ball super at a friends 

I am Iron Man

As someone who just made the switch from Vue to Hulu, I like Hulu live better because it's not location locked like a lot of other live tv streaming services. Local channels are based on your location which I like as someone who travels a lot. On top of live tv you also get Hulu movies, shows and original content. It's the best option for me atm until Netflix decides to stream live tv.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Does this work well on things other than ps4. My parents want to switch providers but can’t use controllers well and my ps3 didn’t handle it well. My pro did but I don’t keep that in the family room. Will fire stick work well?

It works really well on FireTV, but I would NOT use it on a Fire Stick!!  It lags a lot on the Fire Strick.  Also works great on Apple TV.

We've had it for over a year now and love it. Even got my mom using it, and she is not great with 'tech stuff' as she puts it. We use it mainly on an Apple TV and a FireTV, both work very well. Have to restart the FireTV from time to time, but nothing bad there.

Just make sure your provider does not have a data cap or you could be in trouble with any of the streaming services. All in right now we use close to 2 terabytes of data a month with three people in the house using VUE to stream(and all the other internet related usages).

Around the Network
pcstation4 said:
As someone who just made the switch from Vue to Hulu, I like Hulu live better because it's not location locked like a lot of other live tv streaming services. Local channels are based on your location which I like as someone who travels a lot. On top of live tv you also get Hulu movies, shows and original content. It's the best option for me atm until Netflix decides to stream live tv.

Hulu was very tempting, but there was one problem. No AMC which means no Walking Dead.

I prefer it. SlingTV is okay, and DirecTV Now is also a good option. YouTube TV sucks, though. Haven't been able to get a good picture out of it when compared to PSVue running on AndroidTV.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

I also run on AndroidTV and Roku. The Roku app is just barely acceptable and the AndroidTV app is a bit slow, but both do the job. I temporarily ran it on an Amazon Firestick, which was really the slowest experience. It's almost great on Android phone.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames