By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rescue bots and 3D platformers on VR

So today I came home to find the wife and sister playing PSVR. They had been going through the different games in Playroom VR and asked me to play a mini game called Rescue Bot (I think). It's like a small 3D platforming level with a grappling hook that works similar to Links to pull platforms near you, a simple melee attack to kill enemies and double jump and hover.

This as a game would be very average but playing it in 3D was awesome. If there was a way 3D platformers evolving, this would be it. It didn't add a great deal of revolutionise the gameplay, but it just added a little something to take it to the next level for me.

Anyone play this and what were your thoughts? 

Around the Network

Played it with my little one and like u, I had a great time. I just wish it was longer... i hope they make it into its own full game.
Thinking about it, I had a great time playin all those mini games in playRoom. They should make another one!!

It's a great demo, my wife and kids loved it too. There is a 2 player mode as well.

There is Mervils: A VR adventure for a full (although still quite short) 3D platformer. It's not very polished and quite basic by the books, but still a lot of fun to play in VR. 3D platformers work very well in VR.

Did you try Thethered? It should have a free demo. It's RTS in VR. Very cute game and easy to get into. You simply look at who you want to command, then look at what they need to do and done.

SvennoJ said:
It's a great demo, my wife and kids loved it too. There is a 2 player mode as well.

There is Mervils: A VR adventure for a full (although still quite short) 3D platformer. It's not very polished and quite basic by the books, but still a lot of fun to play in VR. 3D platformers work very well in VR.

Did you try Thethered? It should have a free demo. It's RTS in VR. Very cute game and easy to get into. You simply look at who you want to command, then look at what they need to do and done.

Is that an adventure game or RPG?

What are some really good VR games for a 12 yr old kid (my nephew) that only speaks Spanish??   

Colocho said:
SvennoJ said:

What are some really good VR games for a 12 yr old kid (my nephew) that only speaks Spanish??   

Mervils is 3D platformer with some light rpg elements.
Tethered is an RTS, you direct your minions to build and defend an island while collecting mana.
Eagle flight, you fly like an eagle by tilting your head with various objectives (race, aerial combat, collect runs)
Fantastic contraption, build little machines with the move controllers to move the ball into the goal area
Pinball FX2, simply Pinball machines in VR with added effects around you.
Dino Frontier, very polished yet short campaign, it's an rts with dinos. Little replay value, but cute.
Holo Ball, high intensity racquetball type game, my kids like it, I don't like having to catch them all the time before hitting the wall.
Job Simulator, my kids keep begging for this one, they're stuck with the demo. They like Dead hungry as well, fry cook for zombies, crazy game.
Battlezone, steer a virtual tank, shoot other tanks, simple but quite pretty in VR.
End Space, pretty much Eve Valkyrie for single player, decent space combat.

He might need some help figuring out the objectives in Dino Frontier, the rest is pretty straightforward. Keep pressing buttons until it works :)

Or just get the European version of Skyrim VR, that should have a Spanish language option. M ratings are just for fragile English kids!

If he likes racing games, DC VR is very accessible and has tons of content.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Colocho said:

Mervils is 3D platformer with some light rpg elements.
Tethered is an RTS, you direct your minions to build and defend an island while collecting mana.
Eagle flight, you fly like an eagle by tilting your head with various objectives (race, aerial combat, collect runs)
Fantastic contraption, build little machines with the move controllers to move the ball into the goal area
Pinball FX2, simply Pinball machines in VR with added effects around you.
Dino Frontier, very polished yet short campaign, it's an rts with dinos. Little replay value, but cute.
Holo Ball, high intensity racquetball type game, my kids like it, I don't like having to catch them all the time before hitting the wall.
Job Simulator, my kids keep begging for this one, they're stuck with the demo. They like Dead hungry as well, fry cook for zombies, crazy game.
Battlezone, steer a virtual tank, shoot other tanks, simple but quite pretty in VR.
End Space, pretty much Eve Valkyrie for single player, decent space combat.

He might need some help figuring out the objectives in Dino Frontier, the rest is pretty straightforward. Keep pressing buttons until it works :)

Or just get the European version of Skyrim VR, that should have a Spanish language option. M ratings are just for fragile English kids!

If he likes racing games, DC VR is very accessible and has tons of content.

Great!   I will look into some of these games.  Thank you!! 

I thought it was the greatest thing ever back when I played it. Never did rescue all of the robots, though.

Yeah thats a great demo. Hopefully Sonys Japan Studio is working on a full game. The demo got ton of praise on PSVR launch so i think chances are high they do the same that they did with that London Heist Demo.

Early next year the game "Moss" releases and is also a cute 3D plattformer with little more combat focus.
There is a demo on the demo disc 2 already, so check it out ;)

BTW the demo from playroom is called robot rescue

SvennoJ said:

tethered got a update to be move compatible so you dont have to look but can grab (which works better imo).

Nontheless, Dino Frontier is the better RTS in my opinion.

I wish they would make a full stand alone game out of it. Or better yet KNACK VR!!!!

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25