By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 28 October 2017

Cobretti2 said:
Psyberius said:

Errrm I've been here plenty of times, I just don't feel the need to reply to posts if not necessary and I don't actually live a life in games like a lot of you do.

Doesn't change the fact that I was here before you years before you even knew there was such a place so get back in line, young buck. =)

That is like my grandmother saying i've dropped people off at the airport for the last 60 years and because of that she is a seasoned traveller compared to all the young bucks. 

Your not even on the bench, your the guy who sometimes gets a free ticket to sit in the crowd. 

With tablets and superphones, the 3DS became very irrelevant, very quickly. I still prefer a buttoned gaming machine to a screen though. THAT part is the suck on handhelds dying.  Slapping a screen just isn't as stimulating or interesting as sliding and tapping a flat piece of glass. :(

Last edited by Psyberius - on 28 November 2017

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
NATO said:

For me the notable thing is xbox finally ducked under its 30% marketshare milestone, it's only downhill from here folks.

Only 600,000 away from 66.6 for ps4, nice

And only 3,000,000 away from 69. Nice.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Lawlight said:
Redguy said:
After seeing those Na numbers i am glad that Nintendo is choosing to increase supply instead of having price drops for this holiday

I’d like to hear your logic on that. Why are you glad?

It was a better decision to increase supply rather than dropping the price,so i was happy that Nintendo is making better decisions 

Redguy said:
Lawlight said:

I’d like to hear your logic on that. Why are you glad?

It was a better decision to increase supply rather than dropping the price,so i was happy that Nintendo is making better decisions 

How are those decisions mutually exclusive though?

Switch is a beast.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Volterra_90 said:

Well, even with our differences, we can all agree in one thing: both consoles are doing great.

Also, and I don't mean to be rude, some people tend to forget that Nintendo has another platform which is doing fine. So the amount of Nintendo hardware sold this week was about 500k.

But, well, in the end what matters is that the console market is now in a pretty healthy position. 

I agree that both are doing. I disagree that the console market was a non-healthy position previously though.

Sorry to step in the middle of this, but... previously only PS4 was doing well. Wii U and Vita were flops and Xbox One was being meh~mediocre, while 3DS was doing good for an old system, but overrall not that hot. 

So... having only one system doing well from 2014 to 2016 is definitely not healthy. That's what I think he means. At least now there is another system doing well (Switch) and Xbox is probably getting a bit better thanks to X too.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Why is Switch undertracked here? Offical Nintendo.jp sales state Switch is at 7.63 m as of September 30, yet only now you guys are reaching 7.63, 4ish weeks later

TorterraBoy said:
Why is Switch undertracked here? Offical Nintendo.jp sales state Switch is at 7.63 m as of September 30, yet only now you guys are reaching 7.63, 4ish weeks later

Shipped vs sold

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
TorterraBoy said:

Shipped vs sold

Deja vu

Vizigoth04 said:
NintendoPie said:
~360k for the Switch? Not too shabby.

Super Mario Odyssey. Nuff said.

Yes, I know. I posted that before CGI edited his OP to include the actual chart showing Switch at 352k.