By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 47, 2017

Good hold for Skyrim VR. Can't say the same for Skyrim Switch, why go to that mountain when you can go into Skyrim at home?

Impressive acceleration for GT Sport. I guess the price tanked in the UK too. If Sony had delayed it by 2 months, they wouldn't have suffered all this.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Azzanation said:

At $29 I don't believe its doing much else. Revenue is one thing, making profit is another. Sure its pretty easy getting GTS in the homes of gamers when bundled with controller deals and sold at the same cost as Indy games.

How much did the game cost Sony to make is another big question. Judging from the quality of the game I don't think it would have been cheap to make.

The expenses is something I would much rather look at than its revenue in this case.

Development costs don't scale with units sold. Profit does. Development is a fixed cost. Hence why profit has a huge profit margin once development costs are covered: because all revenue after that is nearly pure profit. That's why for instance Microsoft's profit margin is so insanely high.

Of the 29$ Sony sold for it, they disc+cover costs tops 2$. Then the retailer cut is a maximum of 10$ (and that's being generous to the retailers). So that's still 18$ per copy that goes directly to Sony.

Lets not forget that GTS also took 4 years to make. Do you think the Devs didn't get paid for those 4 years until release? The games revenue will be high because its being basically given out to customers. Has the game made up all its expenses and 4 years of development? That's a more interesting story. If it has than GTS would not have cost much to make.