Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hire fans?

Valve:
Someone needs to make HL3 eventually.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
caffeinade said:
Valve:
Someone needs to make HL3 eventually.

Damn, how could I forget about that?!! We haven't even gotten Portal 3, Team Fortress 3, or even Left 4 Dead 3 yet.

Konami should too, especially so that we get another TRUE Metal Gear game, but it might be difficult for them since they're still under scrutiny.

I'd still like to see if Rare were willing to hire classic Rare fans to make a new BattleToads or Perfect Dark.

Personally I am not too into fan-games.
If you really want to make a good product you need to be able to remove yourself from the project.

Look at Sonic Mania, even though it was good game, it was Just Sonic.
Sure it was better than Sonic team could do, but it does not evolve the franchise.
Sonic can die peacefully if he is given to the fans, so Sega should probably continue to do that.

If a fan were to make HL3, Portal 3, Left 4 Dead 3 or whatever, they would most likely try to stick to the formula.
Valve needs to really impress us with Portal 3 and HL3.

A fan-project of a WiiU Zelda would've been nothing like BotW.

Last edited by caffeinade - on 25 November 2017

It would be a dream of mine to work with Team Ninja. Those guys massacred the idea of fluid gameplay.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

CaptainExplosion said:

I know most of you said no to Nintendo hiring fans to make games for them, but yes to Sega doing so.

But what are some other developers that you think should hire fans to make games for them?

Maybe Capcom, since they're not making any new Mega Man games, Inafune left to make an embarrassment, and Capcom's most recent game is trash.

Maybe Rare, since people are still hankering for new games from Rare's older IPs like Banjo-Kazooie, and 90% of the original talent has left to form their own studios.

Well, those are my two cents on the matter, how about you?

What game?

CaptainExplosion said:
Ruler said:

What game?

Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite. -_-

why was it trash?

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Ruler said:

why was it trash?

It cut two-thirds of the roster and will most likely lock everyone else behind DLC.

Its a 30$ game now. It did have the same amount like other fighting games when they launched

CaptainExplosion said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite. -_-

Sticking to the formula is what Playtonic did for Yooka-Laylee, but people are still highly divided about it, whereas Mario Odyssey expanded upon the formula and people love it.

Then again, the latter had dozens if not hundreds of people working on it, while the former is just a small indie game.

Come to think of it, maybe Playtonic should hire fans, even though they said they didn't want a big team.

Their team was about the same size as Hellblade's.

You probably shouldn't assume that people who make fan games most of the time that just use existing assets have skills to make an actual proper game built from the ground up. Even Sonic Mania, they might of been fans but they were still an actual proper video game studio.

Nintendo could always have Sega make another F-Zero for them again.