By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Skyrim VR is my Game of the Year

Why post a video ad? Post a gameplay video.

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
And yet... as long as I breath I will never put on one of those VR headsets to play a videogame.

Ohhhhh, but you will..   I just hope you have the guts to admit it publicly when you finally do.

My brother asked what game he can get me for Christmas and I pick this one imediately. And we're in our 30s.

chakkra said:
Vodacixi said:
And yet... as long as I breath I will never put on one of those VR headsets to play a videogame.

Ohhhhh, but you will..   I just hope you have the guts to admit it publicly when you finally do.

Not a chance. I like to be able to see, feel and hear what happens around me while I play videogames. Yeah, it may sound a bit paradoxical that I want all of that with me being essentially in a "different world" (the videogame)... but that's how I like it. It's part of the reason why I don't use headphones to play unless it's absolutely necessary (rhythm games and such).

Also, I don't think it's healthy to put a screen so close to your eyes. Not for a long time at least...

Yep. Stereoscopic 3D improves graphics way better than 4K, or 60 FPS. Playing a game in 3D vs no 3D is about as big a difference as playing in color vs playing in black and white. Having a natural view, and sound immersion as opposed to looking through a screen, with speakers is a huge difference too. Granted, not all games can be improved by this. Just the ones that use a First Person perspective. But the differences in immersion are huge.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Yep. Stereoscopic 3D improves graphics way better than 4K, or 60 FPS. Playing a game in 3D vs no 3D is about as big a difference as playing in color vs playing in black and white. Having a natural view, and sound immersion as opposed to looking through a screen, with speakers is a huge difference too. Granted, not all games can be improved by this. Just the ones that use a First Person perspective. But the differences in immersion are huge.

it doesnt improve graphics at all. just your perception. and no 60fps is way more important than 4k or 3D

Kerozinn said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

it doesnt improve graphics at all. just your perception. and no 60fps is way more important than 4k or 3D

I consider 3D to be a part of graphics just the same as resolution, fps, models, textures, animations, etc. Personally I value 3D over fps, but to each his own. 

I an getting it to see how it plays in VR

Vodacixi said:
chakkra said:

Not a chance. I like to be able to see, feel and hear what happens around me while I play videogames. Yeah, it may sound a bit paradoxical that I want all of that with me being essentially in a "different world" (the videogame)... but that's how I like it. It's part of the reason why I don't use headphones to play unless it's absolutely necessary (rhythm games and such).

Also, I don't think it's healthy to put a screen so close to your eyes. Not for a long time at least...

Hmmm...  Interesting...   I'm no psychologist but I would dare to suggest that you might suffer from some sort of claustrophobia.  Have you ever had any claustrophobic incident?

How can VR make bad games good? I don't believe it !