By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Really gotta hand it to Microsoft

cmay227 said:
LivingMetal said:
This whole misconception of Sony "dropping the ball" has been overstated. The biggest advantage that Microsoft had was when Sony announced the PS4 Pro was Sony revealing all of its cards because it was a public announcement. Now that Microsoft knows the spec of the PS4 Pro, there was little to no guess work on how to counter what the Pro had to offer in terms of spec. Also, releasing the X a year later allowed Microsoft more time to develop the X while components normally drop in price. This by no means is implying that the X is a bad console. Info and time were factors Microsoft used in its favor. And after what Sony went through with the $500/$600 fiasco with the PS3, launching the PS4 Pro at $400 was the right decision.

And about the 4K Blu-Ray playback, it's pretty much a non-factor at this point. There have been reports to the playback being shotty at best. Microsoft even officially announced they they were looking into it.

If you think MS designed the X in a year and a half your delusional. It had already been in the works for some time. It is not a knee jerk reaction to Sony.

I never said that Microsoft designed the X in a year and a half.  I said "more time."  Please do attempt to spark a narrative that isn't there for argument purposes.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
This whole misconception of Sony "dropping the ball" has been overstated. The biggest advantage that Microsoft had was when Sony announced the PS4 Pro was Sony revealing all of its cards because it was a public announcement. Now that Microsoft knows the spec of the PS4 Pro, there was little to no guess work on how to counter what the Pro had to offer in terms of spec. Also, releasing the X a year later allowed Microsoft more time to develop the X while components normally drop in price. This by no means is implying that the X is a bad console. Info and time were factors Microsoft used in its favor. And after what Sony went through with the $500/$600 fiasco with the PS3, launching the PS4 Pro at $400 was the right decision.

And about the 4K Blu-Ray playback, it's pretty much a non-factor at this point. There have been reports to the playback being shotty at best. Microsoft even officially announced they they were looking into it.

Xbox one x was in development for three years. In no way was this in reaction to the pro.  Nice try anyway trying to downplay MS.

For people who can't spend $500, there is the Xbox one S. there is a reason Phil himself said that the X isn't for everyone.

edit: thinking that they changed X specs in reaction to the pro is quite delusional tbh

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
LivingMetal said:

Xbox one x was in development for three years. In no way was this in reaction to the pro.  Nice try anyway trying to downplay MS.

For people who can't spend $500, there is the Xbox one S. there is a reason Phil himself said that the X isn't for everyone.

And I never said that the X was a reaction to the Pro.  There was nothing I said in my original post that downplayed anything.  I stated that Microsoft had a couple of advantages and they capitalized on it.  Are all you Xbox fans so insecure that you have to interject falsities to perpetuate a narrative to counter anything not entirely pro-X and anti-Pro? 

LivingMetal said:
flashfire926 said:

And I never said that the X was a reaction to the Pro.  There was nothing I said in my original post that downplayed anything.  I stated that Microsoft had a couple of advantages and they capitalized on it.  Are all you Xbox fans so insecure that you have to interject falsities to perpetuate a narrative to counter anything not entirely pro-X and anti-Pro? 

Wow, I'm not an Xbox fan. Stop falsely labelling people. However, your post looks like you're trying too hard to downplay the X. It only makes you look worse.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
LivingMetal said:

Wow, I'm not an Xbox fan. Stop falsely labelling people. However, your post looks like you're trying too hard to downplay the X. It only makes you look worse.

Stop falsely claim that I downplayed the X.  You threw the first stone.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
cmay227 said:

If you think MS designed the X in a year and a half your delusional. It had already been in the works for some time. It is not a knee jerk reaction to Sony.

I never said that Microsoft designed the X in a year and a half.  I said "more time."  Please do attempt to spark a narrative that isn't there for argument purposes.

Sorry for using Deductive reasoning to get to a year and a half.which is what it was from Pro announcement to Xbox one x release. So how much was this "more time" you speak of? Not trying to argue. just stating a fact. 

cmay227 said:
LivingMetal said:

Sorry for using Deductive reasoning to get to a year and a half.which is what it was from Pro announcement to Xbox one x release. So how much was this "more time" you speak of? Not trying to argue. just stating a fact. 

"More time" = year and a half from Pro announcement to X release.  The X was in development before the Pro announcement.

LivingMetal said:
cmay227 said:

"More time" = year and a half from Pro announcement to X release.  The X was in development before the Pro announcement.

Yes and you honestly think that in that short of time they changed from the original vision? It did not happen. FACT. Specs were finalized by that time.

LivingMetal said:
flashfire926 said:

Stop falsely claim that I downplayed the X.  You threw the first stone.

Lol, whatever suits you man

Bet with Intrinsic:

cmay227 said:
LivingMetal said:

Yes and you honestly think that in that short of time they changed from the original vision? It did not happen. FACT. Specs were finalized by that time.

Ummm... Do you honestly believe everything Microsoft says, or were you part of that development team who was privy to such info?