By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic fans, why have you stuck with the franchise to this point?

Why not? It's not like there are other platformers with the same style of gameplay.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Well its been a hit and miss with me personally. When I was about to give up Sonic Mania hit, and well brought me back. Now, this Sonic Forces is a joke, and tells me Sega still knows nothing.

Sonic Spinball was one I really enjoyed the most. Sonic is really pretty cool looking. Definitely a well designed character but having the speedy game play mechanic is its best feature.

The games were too frustrating for my tastes. I've never really enjoyed playing any of them after getting past the first or second world.

Even if Sonic games aren't that big of a hit. The meme's of Sonic are alright.

I haven't. I choose selectively which Sonic games to get.

I stick with it because 2D Sonic is good. We got Mania so hope was restored.

3D sonic though, has been a disgrace since they left the adventure series.

I do agree though, especially newer fans can be obnoxious and incapable of taking criticism to 3D Sonic, wich is factually a crap formula.

Btw the comic with Archie was cancelled in favor of a new one. It was SEGA that cancelled it cause they wanted to go with someone else.

Last edited by Nem - on 08 November 2017

Around the Network

It's bias, simple as that. The media have given the series so-so reviews since SEGA went third party.

And sure, there's a side of the fanbase that's just horrible, but it's also got an incredibly creative side that's done some pretty great hacks and fangames. It's unfair to poke fun at the Sonic fandom when just about every other fandom out there is rotten to the core as well.

Also, I think the TMNT guys are doing the new Sonic comic now.

Sonic Mania is the first I bought since Sonic Heroes.

I was an old school Sonic Fanboy, but now I almost never buy their games. They had a chance to reboot the series for the better with what Sonic Boom was SUPPOSED to be, but dropped the ball drastically.

I think I may make a thred linking a video depicting this fact, but I need to search for it.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I just don't understand why Team Sonic persists in using the same damn game mechanics that essentially render the game into little more than an autopilot experience for every 3D title. That, and the physics are always so awkward and wonky.

I'd love to see how Nintendo would approach the franchise at this point, though I suppose that's a touch blasphemous.

Sonic Boom is a great show that I watch it every weekend. I'm hoping Sega can get its act together since I really like the universe.