By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX ONE X Owner's Club

DonFerrari said:

To me the X1X is the prettier of the 3 in this pile.

Proves we have vastly different aesthetics tastes. :P But that's okay.
I personally like the original Xbox console, I like the clear plastics.

DonFerrari said:

The install on PS3 didn't bothered me much (even though GT5 took a good while to install), but certainly PS4 makes it a no issue for disc based (if you skip the patches).

Yeah. Sony certainly did the right thing with the PS4 in regards to installs.
Microsoft should really take note of it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Still plan to get one... just wish I'd gotten the Scorpio one. Forgive me, but it will always be the "Scorpio" in my mind, as "Xbox 1 X" is essentially two terrible names mashed together.

Johnw1104 said:
Still plan to get one... just wish I'd gotten the Scorpio one. Forgive me, but it will always be the "Scorpio" in my mind, as "Xbox 1 X" is essentially two terrible names mashed together.

Amazon has some Scorpio Editions in stock if your planning to get one now or very soon.

trasharmdsister12 said:
Is there room for one more in the club? I have mine but haven't opened it up. Will try to do so tonight and post some pictures. I didn't get a Project Scorpio edition because I wasn't sure I was even going to upgrade this year. But the trade in program for $200 for the original Xbox One was too good to pass on given no one was interested in buying it for $200 privately.

Hopefully I'll have my 4K HDR LG B7 in a week or two so that this and my PS4 Pro really get a chance to shine!

Of course there is room.
Welcome aboard. May all your games be good ones.

P.S. We should put CGI to work and list all the owners in the main post. ;)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I got the Scorpio edition. I was a lil bit underwhelmed at first, since the dashboard is the same, it felt just like i was on my old fat xbox. But then i launched some games (after downloading gigantic-arse 4k patches) and i knew this upgrade was worth it. Shame my wife hogs it all the time though.

Btw. is placing it vertically good? It looks like its easier for dust to get inside the system this way. Sure looks great though, and takes less space.

Around the Network

I'd love to know how many people are upgrading from a vanilla Xbox One as opposed to being Xbox One virgins. We need a clearer picture as to what this hardware refresh is bringing to the table in terms of growing the consumer base.

pokoko said:
I'd love to know how many people are upgrading from a vanilla Xbox One as opposed to being Xbox One virgins. We need a clearer picture as to what this hardware refresh is bringing to the table in terms of growing the consumer base.

My shipping date changed.  Will receive my Scorpio today, and I'm a virgin.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Pemalite said:
CGI-Quality said:
The only thing wrong is it's still an Xbox One in regards to game installs. They really need to catch up. Just put Rise of the Tomb Raider in for both it and the Pro and the latter was done within 5 minutes (updates and all).

Yeah. They can get rather lengthy.
The Pro though isn't dumping the entire optical disk contents to the hard drive, the Xbox One is, there is Pro's and Con's to both approaches I guess.

The entire disk contents are infact being "dumped" on the PS4 as well.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Pemalite said:

Some annoyances I have had:
* No 1440P support.
* Console isn't telling me what updates are available for games unless I attempt to launch the game.
* Still hate the UI. It's just not convenient to use with the UI scrolling left, right, up and down, hidden menu's, sub-menu's and so on.
* No Kinect Port. (Yeah yeah, I know. I enjoy using the voice commands to launch apps though.)

Otherwise... It's still very much an Xbox One, with all the good and the bad baggage that goes with it.
The External Hard Drive support is still amazing, Sony and Nintendo needs to catch on... Just plugged my drive in and... Up comes 250+ games already installed.

Also... Not sure I like the texturing on the new Xbox One controllers... Or if I am just used to the launch Xbox One controllers more uniform feel, see how I go over the next few days I guess.

You can use external hard drives on PS4 as well, just btw :)

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Got mine last night. Hooked it up this morning and jumped from game to game seeing how they upgraded. I recommend downloading the "Insects" demo. Used that to calibrate my TV! All this time and I think I had the settings wrong.