By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Wanted November Results

axumblade said:
JEMC said:

What do you mean with "issues"?

Readability. 

Quite a few people are saying that it kinda hurts their eyes to read the current color scheme. 

Ah, I see. I agree that the Switch red is very vibrant and that it's a bit hard to read the black text of PS4.

Have you thought about using white text for both?

Nintendo Switch 385 127
Nintendo Switch 385 127

PS4 332 115
PS4 332 115

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

The most wanted lists just tell me this site has a LOT of Nintendo fans, nothing more. The results would be a MUCH more different story if held on a site like gamefaqs or neoGAF with a larger userbase.

axumblade said:
JEMC said:

Ah, I see. I agree that the Switch red is very vibrant and that it's a bit hard to read the black text of PS4.

Have you thought about using white text for both?

Nintendo Switch 385 127
Nintendo Switch 385 127

PS4 332 115
PS4 332 115

That isn't a bad idea but it would look a bit awkward having a mixture of white and black text. The Xbox and PC would lead to the same problem of readability if I change those to white font. Though I could probably change PC to black with white text and Xbox could just take on a darker green. 

Hmm, I hadn't thought about the other platforms.

I wouldn't mind having the PC in black (after all, in a site so focused on console sales & discussions, PC gamers sometimes feel like the black sheeps of the site).

And you could also use the purple you're using for the total numbers for the 3DS, and leave the totals without color, to stand out of the rest.

Maybe something like this?

Nintendo 3DS 62 19
Nintendo Switch 385 127
PC 65 21
PS4 332 115
PS Vita 8 3
XBox One 90 29
Total 942 314

Only as an example.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Thanks for your work axum!

I still don't understand how can Metroid be so high in the list considering that we know absolutely nothing about it. And it's more shocking if we compare it with Pokemon, an incredibly more popular game that's on the same situation, yet has less than half the points and votes of Metroid. Maybe once Xenoblade launches, people will vote for Pikachu & Co.

Beyond that, things keep as usual: Sony/PS4 dominating in number of games with Nintendo/Switch dominating in votes.

We got a killer few seconds of a title for Metroid while nothing for Pokemon :p 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
JEMC said:

Thanks for your work axum!

I still don't understand how can Metroid be so high in the list considering that we know absolutely nothing about it. And it's more shocking if we compare it with Pokemon, an incredibly more popular game that's on the same situation, yet has less than half the points and votes of Metroid. Maybe once Xenoblade launches, people will vote for Pikachu & Co.

Beyond that, things keep as usual: Sony/PS4 dominating in number of games with Nintendo/Switch dominating in votes.

We got a killer few seconds of a title for Metroid while nothing for Pokemon :p 

Yeah, but you know what to expect from a Pokemon game, whereas Metroid can go first person, third person, 2D (I very much doubt it, but still) or a mix of some of those. It's unpredictable and something that can affect how people see it.

And that's before taking into account popularity and sales of each IP. I don't want to exaggerate, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that a single entry of Pokemon like Sun/Moon has sold as much as all Metroid games combined.