By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

It's going to be interesting to see how much a $199 PS4 on Black Friday will affect NPD this month. Sadly, I don't think we're going to get any Pro cuts. That definitely would have helped against the X. Seems due, too.

Also, it definitely looks like Nintendo settled their stock issue, at least at my Wal-Mart. We had 7 of them in the case. So, they should have a good BF.

Around the Network

God damn I get the feeling whoever wins Novembers NPD is only just gonna barely win by at most 10K to 20K. Looks like all three of them are gonna sell a lot this holiday season.

shikamaru317 said:

I know this is Amazon US discussion, so this is technically off-topic, but I just noticed on Amazon UK that there are now 3 XB1 SKU's and 3 Switch SKU's ahead of the highest PS4 SKU. Sony really needs to step-up their game soon, both in the US and in the UK. Mainland Europe is in the bag already of course, and they will lose Japan to Switch no matter what since Japan loves handhelds, but they can maintain their lead in the US and UK if they try hard enough. Time for a price drop on both PS4 and PS4 Pro imo. 

Playstation UK and GAME is (or really, was) selling the Pro with Wipeout, Uncharted: LL, Horizon Complete, and Gran Turismo LE for the same price as the XB1 X. It was announced this morning, but already, it's out of stock. Sony should think about bundling the Pro with a few good games to increase its value if they really don't want to drop the price by $50 like they do every year.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Looks like ps4’s days of being on top in north America are numbered 'if' Microsoft(?) and Nintendo keep it up.

The PS5 Exists. 

4 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#02 XB1X Scorpio (same)
#11 XB1X (down 1)
#12 NS Grey (same)
#18 NS Neon (down 2)
#24 SNES Classic (up 2)
#37 PS4 COD (down 2)
#44 XB1 Battlefield (down 6)
#54 XB1 (up 13)
#55 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 4)
#63 PS4 Pro (down 3)
#81 PS4 Star Wars (up 2)
#82 N2DSXL (up 2)
#89 N2DSXL Pokeball (up 6)
#97 N3DSXL SNES (down 1)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#08 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun (same)
#09 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon (same)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 4 in the top 100 / 3 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Looks like ps4’s days of being on top in north America are numbered if Microsoft and Nintendo keep it up.

Don't worry for PS4 bro.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Looks like ps4’s days of being on top in north America are numbered if Microsoft and Nintendo keep it up.

You don't have to worry about them. It's going to be switch vs PS4 from here on out.

Playstation_awaiter said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

You don't have to worry about them. It's going to be switch vs PS4 from here on out.

Who’s worried? I’m simply saying Nintendo and Microsoft have hot fresh products that are performing well at the moment. Switch had already won more npds this year than Sony. Switch and Xbox will also probably beat ps4 in November and December npd. The ps4 slim for instance is around 50 ish place on amazon and the cod ps4 bundle is hardly lighting up the charts. 

It may or may not last but for now it seems Microsoft and Nintendo have taken some wind out of ps4’s sails. Which is cool since ps4 hasn’t really had any competition since it launched. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:

Posts like this are why I love when it’s financial report time. People can harp on about MS and Nintendo all they want but so far I’ve yet to see the later dent the PS4’s momentum.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Playstation_awaiter said:

Who’s worried? I’m simply saying Nintendo and Microsoft have hot fresh products that are performing well at the moment. Switch had already won more npds this year than Sony. Switch and Xbox will also probably beat ps4 in November and December npd. The ps4 slim for instance is around 50 ish place on amazon and the cod ps4 bundle is hardly lighting up the charts. 

It may or may not last but for now it seems Microsoft and Nintendo have taken some wind out of ps4’s sails. Which is cool since ps4 hasn’t really had any competition since it launched. 

You realise that PS4s hasn’t been top of the charts in September either and yet it was barely beaten by the Switch, right?