By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 will outsell the Gameboy+Gameboy Color, 2018 to be peak year and other predictions

JRPGfan said:
merman said:
software is way off, HZ (my game of the gen) i think will top 6ish mil life time.

I honestly think HZD is already around the 6m ish mark.

SuperData thought it might do around 6m this year and reach a total lifetime sales of ~8m, this was a early prediction but they probably got it pretty close.

really? 

i hope it is that high! 

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
vivster said:
Kind of an unfair comparison. PS4 has so many more colors.

GBC :  Colors on screen:  Supports 10, 32 or 56!

PS4 :  HDR (WGC)... 1 billion+ colors?

Which would mean that PS4 sales are actually pitiful compared to the sold Gamboys per color. PS4 is so doomed.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

merman said:
i agree PS4 will outsell them, but what is you time scale?

software is way off, HZ (my game of the gen) i think will top 6ish mil life time.

Days Gone - 2.5m
God of War, you might be right
Spiderman.. 3mil, maybe 4
i think Detroit will struggle to move units tbh

I really find the bold funny, sorry. You are the same person who predicted the 1st week sales of HZD way off. 

I agree with most of your preidictions except for the Monster Hunter one, it will sell 2-3 millions but not more.

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

I would like those to turn out right but I don't think they will. I guess ps4 will end up at 110M, and games like Spiderman or MHW won't sell THAT much

Anyways, I'm sure they will all get great sales

Around the Network

If $199 PS4 is the norm and PS5 takes a while (2020) to come out then I could see next two years being huge for the system. I have it at 110 million total sales when it is all said and done, but 120 million is possible.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
merman said:

Days Gone - 2.5m

I really find the bold funny, sorry. You are the same person who predicted the 1st week sales of HZD way off. 

wow, fame

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

Bump!

As of today 48.09M to go to beat the Gameboy!

merman said:

Days Gone - 2.5m

LT, I think he’s hit the nail on the head. Spider-Man was the most viewed game out of E3 2017, even more than SMO. It’s clearly a title a lot of people are anticipating. Hell, personally I think it can do north of 8 million if it receives good reviews. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Bump! 45.09M to go!