By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: Switch Owners Are Mainly Male Age 20-34

Just made the top end of the bracket wooooooo

Around the Network

They mentioned in the presentation that Animal Crossing is popular with among female gamers. I think together with their desire to attract more female gamers, they are definitely setting up a AC game for the Switch.

Johnw1104 said:

The only thing I find very weird is the 86% to 11% (3% N/A) male-to-female ratio... It just seems like Nintendo has a lot of titles that should appeal to women, and that's a bizarrely bad disparity between the two.

Playstation side it cant be that bad.....

Quantic Foundry show gender breakdowns for each genre.

family&farm sims/Puzzle/exploration/dramastory based games/mmo's & jrpgs.

^ genre's your console needs lots off if you want to attract a female audience.

No, Nintendo is for kids, period.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Sunstrider said:

43% are 25-34..... the largest group of owners atm.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Sunstrider said:

43% are 25-34..... the largest group of owners atm.

Hehe I know, just making a little joke.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

JRPGfan said:
Johnw1104 said:

The only thing I find very weird is the 86% to 11% (3% N/A) male-to-female ratio... It just seems like Nintendo has a lot of titles that should appeal to women, and that's a bizarrely bad disparity between the two.

Playstation side it cant be that bad.....

Quantic Foundry show gender breakdowns for each genre.

family&farm sims/Puzzle/exploration/dramastory based games/mmo's & jrpgs.

^ genre's your console needs lots off if you want to attract a female audience.

First, I've never even heard of "Match 3" lol... is there a Match 1 and 2?

Anyway, it seems to me Nintendo platforms have most of the more popular ones, but this chart definitely shows why I encounter far, far more female gamers on the PC than on consoles. The PC experience seems tailor made for women based on this chart, while some of the most popular console franchises tend to be sports and shooters.

Still, like I said it seems to me that Nintendo offers a lot of what they're looking for. Perhaps with the Pokemon and Animal Crossing games in the future they'll attract more female gamers.

I believe it.

Yup, 21 here. You could argue that kids can't afford the system...then again you could argue that for any system then. But I must say I don't see a lot of children with Switches. It's mostly people my age. I see them out and about all the time at my university.

mZuzek said:
Ljink96 said:
Yup, 21 here. You could argue that kids can't afford the system...then again you could argue that for any system then. But I must say I don't see a lot of children with Switches. It's mostly people my age. I see them out and about all the time at my university.

I think the point is that it's expensive enough for many parents not to buy it for their kids.

How many parents are waiting for the holidays, though?  Until I could afford my own consoles, that's how I got all mine.