By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm hyped for Nintendo's 2018.

Tagged games:

What do you want most next year?

Kirby Star Allies 9 2.09%

Yoshi 6 1.39%

Fire Emblem 52 12.06%

Retro's game already! 62 14.39%

Metroid Prime 4 118 27.38%

Pokémon 60 13.92%

Super Smash Bros. 29 6.73%

Animal Crossing 37 8.58%

Something else entirely 41 9.51%

see results 17 3.94%

Total:431
curl-6 said:
Peach_buggy said:

Very true but it does seem somewhat userbase related sales wise.

To an extent, though Wii U's smaller base didn't stop games like Mario, Smash, and Splatoon pulling in 4 million plus.

Those franchises should be crossing 10 million easily, not struggling to hit 5 million

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I'm not excited, to be honest.

Nintendo frontloaded their 1st year with 3D Mario, Zelda, MK, Splatoon.
Obviously, Nintendo won't use their remaining system selling IPs (AC, 2D Mario, Pokémon, Smash, Luigi's Mansion, MK9) in 2018.
That being said, i expect fewer traditional system sellers and they probably won't be as effective as the highly praised Zelda and Mario + Splatoon 2 and MK game.

Also, whatever new IPs they might have coming, it remains to be seen if they can be system selling franchises or not.

There's a lot of IFs for me to be excited for 2018.

Mar1217 said:
zorg1000 said:

Those franchises should be crossing 10 million easily, not struggling to hit 5 million

Did you forget that Splatoon was an original WiiU title ? No one did expect it to reach these numbers xD 3D World did surpass that mark and I think SSBU is relatively close to it, but adding the 3DS version makes go to the 10M mark

I never said anybody expected Splatoon to sell 10 million, im saying being on Wii U limited its potential and should sell over 10 million on a more successful platform.

As for the other games, they passed 5 million but just barely hence why i said struggle to hit 5 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

3 new ips is enough to make me happy

Click HERE and be happy 

mZuzek said:
zorg1000 said:

I never said anybody expected Splatoon to sell 10 million, im saying being on Wii U limited its potential and should sell over 10 million on a more successful platform.

Well then let's wait and see if Splatoon 2 crosses 10 million, cause at the moment that isn't looking very guaranteed at all (in fact legs have been worse than the first game so far, it'll take a while to outsell even it).

How did you come to the conclusion thats Splat2 legs are worse than the original? The only confirmed numbers we have are its debut month from NPD and weekly sales from Media Create/Famitsu which have Splat2 doing better.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
zorg1000 said:

How did you come to the conclusion thats Splat2 legs are worse than the original? The only confirmed numbers we have are its debut month from NPD and weekly sales from Media Create/Famitsu which have Splat2 doing better.

VGC, of course, that's why we're here right? Their numbers are the most accurate, thank based ioi.

Haha youre a funny guy, we will get shipped+digital figures tonight or tomorrow which will have Splatoon 2 well over 50% of the originals lifetime sales in just over 2 months.

I'm looking forward to 2018, but I'm not expecting it to be anywhere near as prolific as 2017...
Wooly World was a lot of fun, so I'm sure the new Yoshi will be good...
I know my nephew will love Kirby and I'll have fun playing with him...
Octopath looks great so far...
There are definitely titles I won't be surprised to see (many of you have already named them), but I'm also hoping that they continue to support Splatoon 2 and Arms with new content...

Have a nice day...

Do they have enough for the whole year though? Q1 is totally barren for Switch and loaded with PS4 games, and Q1 games won't magically appear now. I strongly hope FE can land mid-year or fall, SMTV looks for 2019... Pokemon for the holidays would be great but that would be too fast for a new gen. I would be in for cool remake with insane graphics or a more original concept like Colosseum on the GameCube. Anyway, Switch will have a hard time making the difference with PS4 as things are now.

ryuzaki57 said:
Do they have enough for the whole year though? Q1 is totally barren for Switch and loaded with PS4 games, and Q1 games won't magically appear now. I strongly hope FE can land mid-year or fall, SMTV looks for 2019... Pokemon for the holidays would be great but that would be too fast for a new gen. I would be in for cool remake with insane graphics or a more original concept like Colosseum on the GameCube. Anyway, Switch will have a hard time making the difference with PS4 as things are now.

Yeah same song was played back in jan/feb/mar.... How about 2017 finsishes first? Switch is in a good position many didnt even think switch would have s such a good first year sw wise and yet its probably next to ps2 in terms of best first year lineups

ryuzaki57 said:

Am guessing there will be a direct in November showcasing the early 2018 Switch titles. There will probably be a few surprises but more importantly than that the SMO effect will probably be still in full swing and Nintendo will be struggling still to even supply enough Switches.