By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - #LoveSingleplayerGames

Swordmasterman said:
#LoveSingleplayerGames

Single-Player games are better for the industrie because you can only play a Multiplayer game as long as the company who made it continue to support the game. Single-Player games don't rely on the game's userbase or on the online network for you to enjoy.

I think those microtransactions would happen anyways, regardless of a game being multiplayer or single-player.

That’s not true for p2p games - which is why you can still play Uncharted 2 multiplayer.

Around the Network

I usually only #hashtag, but I'll #lovesingleplayergames. Also any company pushing the loot box and microtransation plagues can #EAtmyass. EA, Waner Bros, and what a surprise, Microsoft. Who would have guessed that they would be the only platform holder pushing the loot box system? *cough

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Mar1217 said:
Saying I prefer single player content over multiplayer would be an understatement.

Wouldn't be the person I am today if not for that.

EA can go in a trash can 😂

Thats good :) oh yeah ; D

ironmanDX said:
Money is the only language that the publishers will listen to.

For EA, Microsoft and Activision, money means everything - that's right. But there are many developers who also take risks. And with a lot of effort / love create a good singleplayer game.

Finale said:
I sure love them.And while i don't thing this # will change anything,keep spreading dude,all my support to you.

Thanks <3

KazumaKiryu said:

We love Single-Player Games with great story, characters and love to details. We support it on all consoles. We players keep together! It's time. Spread this message to the world and on all Internet sites - Make a sign and raise your voice!

#LoveSingleplayerGames

Developers such as Sony and Nintendo, Bandai Namco, Naughty Dog and Rockstar Games attach great value to great singleplayer AND multiplayer/online-games. This is wonderful, variety is the message! But.. developers like EA and Microsoft have the focus on online-games in future :( The question is: Who loves singleplayer games? Then write a comment here. We want hundreds of comments. We show one thing: WE WANT AND LOVE GOOD SINGLEPLAYER-GAMES. Maybe VGChartz will be famous - spreads this message everywhere & on other sites too. #LoveSingleplayerGames

We want legendary moments in video games. Fantastic stories that touch us. Beautiful examples with great Gameplay/Story/characters: Persona, Metal Gear Solid, The Last of Us, Zelda, Grand Theft Auto, Uncharted, Ni No Kuni, Red Dead Redemption, Resident Evil, Mario, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, The Witcher, Silent Hill, Yakuza, Tales of, Dragon Quest, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Metroid, South Park, Ratchet & Clank, Digimon & Pokemon, God of War, Assassins Creed, Life is Strange, Fallout and soooo many more. Your opinion please! Your thoughts are important. This is the sign for all publisher. Your voice counts :)

Your "Most Wanted Singleplayer-Games" for the Year 2018/19?

GamerUP‏: "Remember, THE BEST GAMES EVER MADE (better critics and loved among the gaming in general) ARE SINGLE PLAYER GAMES! History of Videogames".

Cory Barlog (God of War) on twitter: "I love single player games".

"Single-Player Games are the Backbone of the Industry" by Dylan Warman.

This thread is super cringey, you think your little twitter campaign is gonna convince the suits to rethink their multi million $ projects? And who are you to claim we want singleplayer games, are you the president of all gamers? Maybe we just want better executed GaaS games, or both?

I think you should delete this thread, it is an embarrassment, you are discriminating against other forms of games for no reason. There are enough singleplayer games for you to enjoy, especially in 2017.

I am nowhere on Twitter. But I see on other sites (&Twitter) that some players say their opinion. Have a bad day ? Enjoy the life and show flag :) If you have a different opinion, no problem for me :)

And more people are sad about the fact that more and more developers are only betting on multiplayer. Thats why.. a lot of people want to boycott EA. I'm going to join. PS: And no, i'm not the president of all gamers. I'm the SSJGod : P (a fun must be, my friend ^^) But wish you a great day, really ; )

"In the words of space advice, im going to sleep now." AngryLittleAlchemist
Okay thats cool.
Well said, good night :) See You in Space, Cowboy xD (from Cowboy Bebop <3) That reminds me ... I would like a (Single-Player)game of the movie "Princess Mononoke" or the series "Supernatural"^^. That would certainly be great.

Around the Network

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving

In the words of space rat, im going to sleep now.

Single player games don't make as much money as multiplayer games nor does it have the longevity in both gameplay and in sales 95% of the time. Yes, there are flops like battle born and lawbreakers. However, there is a lot of successful mp titles as well. In fact, if you look at the top 10 games it is always multiplayer-centric games it would seem.

What's the point in listing Naughty Dog separate from Sony?

mZuzek said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
This thread is the gift that keeps on giving

In the words of space rat, im going to sleep now.

Space what now?

Rat

While I certainly enjoy single player titles (if I was forced to compile a Top 10 favorite games list, I think every single one would be single player exclusive), I have to ask: What is the point of this sending this message?

If it's to let publishers know that we want single player games, I'd argue that not only is that unnecessary, but this is an ineffective way of communicating that. We've been blessed with a multitude of really good single player experiences this year; Breath of the Wild, Resident Evil 7, Metroid: Samus Returns, Nioh, Nier: Automata, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and Fire Emblem Warriors just to name a few; and that's before the holiday season even gets underway. The critical acclaim and/or sales success of single player titles has pretty clearly communicated to numerous developers that consumers still want single player titles. I don't think that's something we need to communicate, and even if we did, we'd be far more effective in communicating by, well, simply buying the games. What developers do you think we'll convince with a hashtag campaign that haven't already been convinced by sales numbers?

If it's to let other video game fans know that we enjoy single player games: I think we already do a pretty good job of that already.