By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF!! Q1 January- March(2018) Japanese games!!

The Line-up in January 2018 is just insane for Japanese games and they are releasing so close to each other. What's up with that? lmao. February and March are also insane. I will update later the games releasing on those date.

Street Fighter V Arcade edition ( Jan. 16 )

Gintama Rumble (Jan. 18 Asia only)

NiNo Kuni II (Jan. 19)

Digimon Cyber Sleuth II (Jan. 19)

Lost Sphear (Jan. 23)

Monster Hunter World ( Jan. 26)

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Jan26)

Dissidia NT (Jan. 30)

February

Shadow of the Colossus (Feb.6)

Dragon's Crown (Feb. 8)

The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia (Feb. 09)

Secret of Mana (Feb. 15)

Metal Gear Survive (Feb.22)

Sword art online: Fatal Bullet (Feb.23)

March

Yakuza 6: Songs of life ( March 20)

Attack on Titan 2 ( March Tentative)

Tentative early 2018 release date

Dynasty Warriors 9

Last edited by NoCtiS_NoX - on 06 November 2017

Around the Network

Secret of Mana Remake, Attack on Titan 2, Yakuza 6 - The song of life, arnt far from it either.

Great idea/thread. The January is incredible!
the japanese Masterpiece Ni No Kuni 2 is DAY 1 for me. Thats sure! =)

Dragonball Fighters Z is the best DBZ-game in future, it looks fantastic. I buy it with the new Digimon-Rpg for PS4. Monster Hunter World will also make many people happy.

And Yakuza 6 with the new graphic-engine is bought 100% in March :) The final will be epic. More & more games are announced : D The first 2018 quarter will be a dream for every player. Lets see.. which further games are announced at the big PlayStation Experience-Event in December for the first 2018-quarter. Its so exciting :)

Monster Hunter World for me. The last one I played around with was on the PSP Go. Lol. I laugh at myself.

I will be getting Lost Sphear and Ni no Kuni 2. Honestly, i'm afraid of buying anything else because they might release on Switch later too. What a predicament.

Around the Network

There are at least 4 games I want from that list.

axumblade said:
Lost Sphear and Ni No Kuni II are the ones I care about the most.

after "I am Setsuna", I dont have faith in how good Lost Sphear will be.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory  & Monster Hunter : World,  both look much more appealing.

KazumaKiryu said:

Great idea/thread. The January is incredible!
the japanese Masterpiece Ni No Kuni 2 is DAY 1 for me. Thats sure! =)

Why do you keep calling it a Masterpiece if you haven't played it yet I can understand saying "it will be" or "might be" a masterpiece, but it already is one?

Anyways, the first month is incredible! Honestly .. I might have to retract my statement that 2017 is the best year in gaming, if Western developers keep up with the Japanese ones next year!!

Haha. I know the feeling, though I really only want Dissidia and to a lesser extent Gintama from there =D

Pretty typical for Japan, Holidays for Japan imo is mid/end of december through March. Stark difference to US with start of November to New Years Day, but much bigger of course.