By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Scheduled Maintenance

It looks like the update didn't go as smooth as planned, given how long was the site down.

And that made me realize something: I've been almost 24h without VGC and I didn't felt bad or anxious or even worried about when it would go back on line. That's very good, but it also means that I'm no longer as attached to this site as I was once, and that makes me think...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I hope it keeps running fine...

jlauro said:
I hope it keeps running fine...

Did you fix it? Or did you revert it back to a previous version?

The last maintenance isn't still going on, but you could say that tuning and fixing things that broke from it are...

jlauro said:
The last maintenance isn't still going on, but you could say that tuning and fixing things that broke from it are...

Well, if this means good things for the future of the site, we can forgive you!!

Around the Network

Did not revert, but might have to if the increased strain on memory can't be resolved.  Reverting would likely mean loosing all the posts after the update.

jlauro said:

Did not revert, but might have to if the increased strain on memory can't be resolved.  Reverting would likely mean loosing all the posts after the update.

I hope it doesn't have to come to that!

TalonMan said:
VGPolyglot said:

I hope it doesn't have to come to that!

I think jlauro has gotten it under control for the moment - thank you!!!!

We'll be looking into some other things throughout the day, in hopes of keeping performance up...

That's great news!!

Is it just me, or did it become worse?

The connection has timed out
The server at gamrconnect.vgchartz.com is taking too long to respond.

I can't even go to the next page in a thread without hitting reload, plus it never finishes loading, keep flashing all kinds of random domains in the corner, rtbcc.tyber.com trk.vidable.tv a.contvdo.com. Adds?

3rd attempt to post

So....why am I a "Ruepel"?