By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did NBA 2K18 on Switch get.. smaller?

I'm gonna be honest. I haven't really played much of NBA 2K18 on the Switch. After starting "My career mode" a glitch kicked in when I tried to play offline (the way I primarily intended to play it). My data corrupted and I said "Fuck this game".

Well, today I check my storage data and the game is updating as we speak. It's also only taking up less than 10GB of space (when it was over 25GB before). It's actually smaller than NBA Playgrounds! Any news?

Also, we never got online play for NBA Playgrounds. Wtf?

*Edit* I'll wait until after the update is done in seven minutes. It's clocking in at 9.9GB, now. It may get bigger but I doubt it's going to get too much larger. I have the digital version, btw.

Around the Network

Nevermind.

Update is complete and now the game takes up 26GB (three internal and 23 external)!! It got bigger!

Mods, you may close this thread.

RolStoppable said:
Thread should stay open for public shaming of a guy who bought NBA 2k18.

Shame on you, d21lewis. There are so many better games on Switch and you know it.

Yeah. I fucked up.

I tried playing it just now. Apparently my entire account expired because I didn't confirm my character via email. This is some bullshit! Again, I have to start all the way over!

-Can't play offline (unless this patch fixed that).

-Have to confirm shit via email account.

-Glitches galore (again, unless some were fixed by a patch)

-micro transaction Overkill.

I'm ashamed to have bought into this one.

d21lewis said:
RolStoppable said:
Thread should stay open for public shaming of a guy who bought NBA 2k18.

Shame on you, d21lewis. There are so many better games on Switch and you know it.

Yeah. I fucked up.

I tried playing it just now. Apparently my entire account expired because I didn't confirm my character via email. This is some bullshit! Again, I have to start all the way over!

-Can't play offline (unless this patch fixed that).

-Have to confirm shit via email account.

-Glitches galore (again, unless some were fixed by a patch)

-micro transaction Overkill.

I'm ashamed to have bought into this one.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

The NBA 2K series is one of the best out there, and I prefer to buy it on my Switch and give Nintendo some support rather than getting it on the XBox One. The glitches and stuff are not only on Switch, and the full game was ported instead of taking things out, so in my mind it is THE edition to have. I am just waiting until tomorrow when the physical edition becomes available. Just know, 2K stays on top of these games with tweaks and updates, so don't expect any gameplay problems to last a terribly long time. They've already, as you just said, updated it once, there will be more coming. Don't lose hope!

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Around the Network

A 10GB update?

Wyrdness said:
A 10GB update?

Nah. It was like 25GB on day one. When I turned on my Switch, it was updating so I checked to see how much space it was using. Instead of 25GB, the data manager claimed it was only using 9.9GB. Unfortunately, after the update ended, it said that NBA 2K18 was using 26GB of data.

I don't even know what was updated. Hopefully a lot of bugs were ironed out. I'm not really a sports fan but I wanted to support third parties on the Switch. It's still a high quality title but some design choices (over reliance of online connection and micro transactions) have left a bad taste in my mouth. It's fine I guess for a home console like PS4 and Xbox One but I like taking advantage of the Switch's portability.

d21lewis said:
Wyrdness said:
A 10GB update?

Nah. It was like 25GB on day one. When I turned on my Switch, it was updating so I checked to see how much space it was using. Instead of 25GB, the data manager claimed it was only using 9.9GB. Unfortunately, after the update ended, it said that NBA 2K18 was using 26GB of data.

I don't even know what was updated. Hopefully a lot of bugs were ironed out. I'm not really a sports fan but I wanted to support third parties on the Switch. It's still a high quality title but some design choices (over reliance of online connection and micro transactions) have left a bad taste in my mouth. It's fine I guess for a home console like PS4 and Xbox One but I like taking advantage of the Switch's portability.

25GB!!!

That's bigger than many games out there, Xenoblade X is even smaller than that what did they add 4k textures?

With the ages it tend to get smaller.

The patch made it so much better.