By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gamers, Show Me Your POWAH!! (Fall 2017 Edition)

CGI-Quality said:
1060s and 70s? Some good lookin' (soundin' - no one seems to like pics ) builds in here

The case I have is a bit....small so I'd rather not open it unless if I have to

Around the Network

I am a bit shitfaced right now. So tagging for tomorrow,

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

CGI-Quality said:

1060s and 70s? Some good lookin' (soundin' - no one seems to like pics ) builds in here

Johnw1104 said:
@OP lol that's awesome, I think we're sporting the same tower and keyboard.

I'll get some pics later as it's still not set up (had to leave my flooded apt due to Irma and so currently I'm using an Alienware 17 R4 laptop), but here's the specs that I remember:

-64 GB RAM (Something Corsair I believe, I swap out RAM rather often)
-Samsung EVO 850 SSD and some 1TB SSD from Crucial(?) I think it was
-GeForce Titan X (I rarely buy top-end graphics cards as they depreciate in value so quickly but I was trying to get my HTC Vive and 4k experience to run flawlessly and this mostly got the job done)
-LG 27UD68-W 27-inch 4K UHD IPS Monitor with FreeSync (2017 model)

The only thing I don't remember is what my processor is, though I do know that it is definitely the least impressive of the bunch and is likely holding the rest of the hardware back at this point. Once I'm in a place where I'm regularly using my PC again I'll probably go all in on a top-of-the-line processor as those do not fade into obsolescence anywhere close to as fast as GPU's do.

Ah, the first high-end person so far! Just curious, is your Titan X the Maxwell one or last year's Pascal Titan?

Screw you! I think 2000$ is pretty high end!

CGI-Quality said:

Johnw1104 said:

I'll get some pics later as it's still not set up (had to leave my flooded apt due to Irma and so currently I'm using an Alienware 17 R4 laptop), but here's the specs that I remember:

-GeForce Titan X (I rarely buy top-end graphics cards as they depreciate in value so quickly but I was trying to get my HTC Vive and 4k experience to run flawlessly and this mostly got the job done)

The only thing I don't remember is what my processor is, though I do know that it is definitely the least impressive of the bunch and is likely holding the rest of the hardware back at this point. Once I'm in a place where I'm regularly using my PC again I'll probably go all in on a top-of-the-line processor as those do not fade into obsolescence anywhere close to as fast as GPU's do.

Ah, the first high-end person so far! Just curious, is your Titan X the Maxwell one or last year's Pascal Titan?

https://ibb.co/jtxUiw

Me specs.

Not much to show really, case is Fracral Design Define c, my keyboard is a Ducky One DKON1508S (black), mouse is a Razer Deathadder Chroma.

CGI-Quality said:
Teeqoz said:

Indeed it is! My apologies!

1080Ti is pretty high end too.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Johnw1104 said:

It's the Pascal one. I never tend to go high end for GPUs (this is the first time I've topped a $600 price tag, generally preferring to get a lower tier of the most recent gen for the ~$300 price range), but PC's were (and still are) in a unique spot where two different very enticing features are resting right on the edge of feasibility with hardware, they being VR and 4K gaming. In my research I'd found that the 1070's/1080's were still running into some issues and so I decided to just go all in on the Titan X when it was announced, fully understanding that in a very short period of time it would look like a waste of money lol

The main thing for me is that I've always preferred one strong GPU to going the SLI route, as many games simply don't accomodate that arrangement very well. It was clear to me that the only way I could ensure that I'd get both the Vive and 4K experience running without issue was that Titan X, and if I was going to be spending hundreds of dollars anyway I didn't want to spend that money and find myself disappointed at times with the result. As things currently stand, there will be much better GPU's with faaaar better cost-to-power ratios in the future, but I've never once had frame rate issues and don't see any reason that I'd feel compelled to upgrade for a number of years, so I'm happy with the purchase overall.

Teeqoz said:
CGI-Quality said:

Oh I agree, I'm just saying that was a first for me. The most expensive GPU I'd bought before this was a $600 one, and I generally aim for the ~$300 area.

I am probably not gonna spend a cent more until Ryzen refresh and Volta. Loving my new pc so far but the most surprising part about this pc is the stock cooler cause damnn, is it capable.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
I am probably not gonna spend a cent more until Ryzen refresh and Volta. Loving my new pc so far but the most surprising part about this pc is the stock cooler cause damnn, is it capable.

Yeah, I want to go for a 16 core or greater part when we get 7nm Zen.

caffeinade said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yeah, I want to go for a 16 core or greater part when we get 7nm Zen.

It would be sick if 7nm zen is still compatible with AM4 boards. One of the main reasons I choose Ryzen over intel Kaby Lake is for the promise of long term support for the AM4 socket compared to Intel. It's crazy how if you bought an intel i5 at the beginning of the year, by the end of the year, it's performance is basically the same as their newest i3 and that is exactly what I don't like since it requires a socket change.

If I were to purchase a motherboard, I would like at least 2 years of upgradability of the company's future cpus and at least for now, AMD seems to be delivering. If when they refresh their Ryzen cpus in 2018 and the IPC of each core is about the same as a skylake i7 and it has 8 cores, then I got my money's worth and then some. And of course, if in 2019, AMD is still supporting the AM4 socket like they are rumored too, that will make it even more fap worthy if turns out that way.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850