By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - We need to stop NRA (nonsensical rifle addiction)

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Guns do not kill people, people kill people.

... with guns. So we shouldn't ban guns. We should just ban all people who own guns.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
DonFerrari said:

And how is that not hard??? Have illegal guns become 0 in other countries besides Japan? Drugs as well?

I didn't say it's impossible, I said it's very hard. There's a difference. And it is indeed very hard to get a hold of a gun in many countries.

Very hard for the common citizen you mean right? Or does the criminals over there rob unarmed?

Mnementh said:
DonFerrari said:

And how is that not hard??? Have illegal guns become 0 in other countries besides Japan? Drugs as well?

It is pretty hard to get an illegal gun here in germany. Not zero, but then this is ever the case. But I see that in Brazil you might have a different experience. But look at the result:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Germany has a homicide-rate of 0.85 (per 100.000 people and year), while Brazil has one of 26.74. It is 30 times a slikely to get murdered in brazil than it is in Germany. You're right about Japan, it is even three times lower than in Germany, they have a rate of 0.31. To make it clearer: In Japan you had 395 that year of count, on 130 million people. In Germany it were 682 murders on 80 million people. In Brazil that are more than 55.000 murders on 210 million people. Alone this dimension is crazy. So yes, restriction of gun ownership has effects. Sure, murder rate is dependent on a lot of factors more, but gun ownership is a contributing factor.

The difference in Brazil comes from the size of the country, the vast border, imense coast... it is just impossible to totally control guns in Brazil.

Care to compare the amount of legal gun on the population per homicide rate on USA, Germany and Brazil?

The difference in murders is not even close related to how strict is the legislation on legal weapon.

Mnementh said:
vivster said:

Safety is number one priority.

Ouch. This reminds me: even the number of gun accidents in the US is higher than murders in many european countries.

Sure, when you have 300M population against 30M most raw numbers will be higher.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

Mnementh said:

Ouch. This reminds me: even the number of gun accidents in the US is higher than murders in many european countries.

Sure, when you have 300M population against 30M most raw numbers will be higher.

That's why there are per capita numbers that are still higher than in actually civilized countries.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
DonFerrari said:

That's why there are per capita numbers that are still higher than in actually civilized countries.

It's not the Wild West anymore

vivster said:
DonFerrari said:

Yet the comparison made doesn't show as percentages.

And ignores other questions.

VGPolyglot said:
vivster said:

Well, the thing is there is some studies showing that the Wild West wasn't nearly as violent as some think.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
vivster said:

If you listen to the NRA and the rest of the gun nuts you won't survive unless you own guns to protect your land and your family. Sounds pretty wild west to me.

vivster said:
VGPolyglot said:

If you listen to the NRA and the rest of the gun nuts you won't survive unless you own guns to protect your land and your family. Sounds pretty wild west to me.

I don't listen to the NRA. However, victims of hate crimes, like transsexuals, need a means to defend themselves.

VGPolyglot said:
vivster said:

I don't listen to the NRA. However, victims of hate crimes, like transsexuals, need a means to defend themselves.

It's called "running away". A gun will not help you 99% of times and might even make it worse. You know how many victims of hate crimes where killed BECAUSE they were carrying a gun or suspected of carrying a gun?

vivster said:
VGPolyglot said:

It's called "running away". A gun will not help you 99% of times and might even make it worse. You know how many victims of hate crimes where killed BECAUSE they were carrying a gun or suspected of carrying a gun?

If it was so simple as running away, a lot of rapes, assaults, robberies, etc. wouldn't even occur.

VGPolyglot said:
vivster said:

If it was so simple as running away, a lot of rapes, assaults, robberies, etc. wouldn't even occur.

Knives, pepper spray, avoidance of dangerous areas, basic self defense, all those things will protect you much better than guns.