By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 5 times scalpers totally screwed themselves over

A great new video from Larry Bundy just dropped detailing times in gaming history when scalpers were left holding the bag. Maybe this is cathartic for all the folks that are feeling burned on trying to get an SNES Classic right now, but keep getting thwarted by the second-hand opportunists.

This brought back all the memories of my PS2 woes and this was my first time hearing about the Hannah Montana thing. I laughed.

Around the Network

Scalping should be outlawed imo.

They still haven't solved the SNES Classic supply issue so I wouldn't declare that a victory over scalpers yet.

Still going for 160+ on ebay and 170+ on amazon in USA.  I wouldn't call that a victory yet at all.  Victory can only be declared if prices get to $85 or so range.

sethnintendo said:

They still haven't solved the SNES Classic supply issue so I wouldn't declare that a victory over scalpers yet.

Still going for 160+ on ebay and 170+ on amazon in USA.  I wouldn't call that a victory yet at all.  Victory can only be declared if prices get to $85 or so range.

The only way to win over scalpers is to not buy from them.

Teeqoz said:
sethnintendo said:

The only way to win over scalpers is to not buy from them.

Yea, I have no plan on doing it.  Would be nice to walk into a store and pick one off the shelves.  Sounds crazy right?

Around the Network

Seeing scum get their comeuppance definitely gives me a sense of schadenfreude.

Regardless of what this video says, I struggled to find a PS2 for months. A relative of mine got one that had a defective fan and he was instructed to send it to Sony for repairs instead of taking it back to the store.

AlfredoTurkey said:

No.

AlfredoTurkey said:

How would you even enforce that?

sethnintendo said:

Gamestops are stocking tomorrow, heads up!

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)