By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest XI For Nintendo Switch Will Be Using Unreal Engine 4

JRPGfan said:
Dgc1808 said:
I'm skipping the PS4 Version and waiting for Switch because I own a PS4Pro.

Isnt the PS4pro almost 1800p? with checkerboarding.

Would you rather play it like 540p on the switch?

We don't know the Switch version's final resolution but I would like to have the option of not being stuck to my TV when ever possible.  My TV's a shared device.

Additionally, I don't like the extra amount of blur the PS4P suffers from that the regular PS4 doesn't (because of checkerboarding, according to DigitalFoundry). Never liked blur effects like motion blur. I alwayas turn them off when possible.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

It's strange how there's no transcript for this and the source is twitter ...

I can't wait for this game on switch

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Really excited to see this.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I want the 3DS version, hopefully whoever is localizing this game won't forget about that one.

Around the Network

Given the delay, they better put some extras in there, such as maybe the 2D version from the 3DS version built in. A straight up port seemingly a year or more down the road won't do well... except maybe in Japan, I have no idea how many DQ heads would choose to not get it on either the PS4 or 3DS just to wait for the Switch version.

It would be cool if the game was a mix of the two versions. Like with a touch of a button you can switch between the 3DS and PS4 version.

Also I wonder if they will have Dragon Quest 1-3 bundled with this game when it comes to the states.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I will be getting the Switch version. Portability is worth the drop in resolution. Like other multiplat games, you will not really be able to notice the difference when plahing the game anyway as long as it runs smooth. Resolution is overrated.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I hope we get a 2D mode for Switch, that operates at 60FPS.

One step closer to the Android version.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.