By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Expects to Sell 78 Million Total PS4 Units By The End of Fiscal Year 2017

Is the rumor true?

True 39 25.00%

False 69 44.23%

No way!! 21 13.46%

Maybe 27 17.31%

Total:156
KBG29 said:
This site most likely read the Andrew House press release wrong. They mentioned that "PlayStation 4...... is set to reach cumulative sale of 78 million units this fisical year". Someone not in the know, and not reading the statment fully could get confused. Fisical Years end at different times for different companys as well, and I would guess most people don't know Sony's FY ends March 31st.

We will get solid shipped numbers on October 31st when Sony reports their FY2017 Q2 results.

There you have it.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Ptobably a typo. The forecast is 78M by March 2018.

I think it's 79 million. Likely a conservative estimate though. Wouldn't be surprised if the console is able to sell 80 - 81 million by them. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

vivster said:
It will be true eventually. What's the rush?

Some people may not be alive by then, so the earlier, the more likely they are to see it in their lifetime!

UltimateGamer1982 said:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-05/sony-sells-78-million-ps4-consoles-worldwide/.122248

Not sure if it’s true or not but I just stumbled upon this and didn’t see a thread on it. I’m sure it’s probably just a typo but there are links within the article that are in Japanese that seem to be announcing the milestone. 

Isnt that the "goal" they are shooting for? to ship 78m units by march 2018.

And you know Sony, they are conservative so they can go "wow it sold better than we expected! how is it doing this? we dont understand". It should do a few million more by then.

DialgaMarine said:
Lawlight said:
Ptobably a typo. The forecast is 78M by March 2018.

I think it's 79 million. Likely a conservative estimate though. Wouldn't be surprised if the console is able to sell 80 - 81 million by them. 

^ this.

Impossible.

Around the Network

So 80m shipped by next May. These figures are outstanding

You guys are forgetting digital.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Yeah unfortunately, this is not news. This a prediction. We'll just see how they do. 16 million to go by end of March 2018.

Wow impressive for a console that is nothing compared to the ps2

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

18 million PS4s in 4 months? FIFA 18 doing work!

Actually it's just the site mistaking a forecast for actual units sold.