By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hate how MS killed their 1st party, and then waste millions trying to keep PUBG off PS4

Will u buy an Xbox for PUBG

yes 43 12.36%

no 237 68.10%

maybe 3 0.86%

give me Scalebound! 65 18.68%

Total:348

Microsoft bought two IPS this generation (Gears of War and Minecraft) both of which are billion dollar franchises. Don't be surprise if Microsoft doesn't buy PUBG at all this generation too. Minecraft and Pubg popularity combined will rival Nintendo's first party popularity.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Porcupine_I said:

It's OK if Sony does it though. Because i have a Playstation and I get those exclusive titles. Also I like Sony.

Pretty much sums up some people's view on it. Especially that last part

It rather sums up your narrow view on this subject.

Hunting Season is done...

I dont get the frustration of Sony or Microsoft trying to keep specific games only on their consoles. I mean i understand the dissapointment of not being able to play certain games but the vitriol expressed towards expressed towards these companies is absurd. Its normal business logic to want to make your specific market culture more diverse and enjoyable. If i owned a console company and recognized certain specific titles as potential system sellers you can bet your ass id look into purchasing exclusivity so as to create more incentive to buy my specific product. Thats one way of going about it or you can make your machine super fast but of course that comes with a higher entry level buy in.

Whats the release date for PS4?

Mr Puggsly said:
Heavenly_King said:

The thing is Sony uses their money to first make 1st games and then to "buy" exclusives.  Microsoft just is "buying" exclusives.

So MS has no 1st party games?

I mean didn't Forza 7 just come out, they funded Cuphead, three games probably in early 2018.

So just buying exclusives? Maybe not.

Those are admirable ventures but they are clearly not enough for mass appeal and lifecycle sustainability. No one said Microsoft has no exclusives, our contention is that it is a shallow selection and the good ones are mainly new entries in an aging franchise. Id say the same thing about Sony but as it happens, they currently have a huge selection of exclusives, they are not all gold but god damn they gave their player base insane choice and thats more then can be said for current gen Microsoft.

Around the Network

Does it really matter? PUBG will come eventually and until then we have fortenite. In fact with Fortnite out now PUBG might be hurting themselves by waiting to release.

Ka-pi96 said:
Porcupine_I said:

It's OK if Sony does it though. Because i have a Playstation and I get those exclusive titles. Also I like Sony.

Pretty much sums up some people's view on it. Especially that last part

Im guessing you didnt read most of op or the thread in general and just decided to mindlessly defend something without comprehending the context

Azzanation said:
They killed there 1st party?
They keeping PUBG off PS4 after working on improving the visusls of it themselves? Shame on them there.
Thank gawd i can play Street Fighter 5 on XB1.... oh wait.

You can play it on your PC tho.

Dont you have a Gaming Rig?

Why are you complaining?

It even has CrossPlay, so there is that.

This is news to nobody. Does not matter how much fans try to deny it. Untill next gen comes they wont accept it. The same massive drop in market share we saw with 360 to x1, will happen again with x1 to whatever. cant deny it anymore when its already this low.

Customers take notice and while yes, they wont all sell the console and buy the competition, the following gen they will just avoid the company and get the competition. This kind of mistkes are mainly felt with the sucesors.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

fleischr said:
If there's anything we've learned about MS this gen, they scarcely commit to anything long-term. They cancel projects they hype up. They put Minecraft on the 3DS and the Vita.

Which doesn't encourage gamers to commit their money long term by investing in xbox.  You need reassurances. 

RolStoppable said:
Is VGC sliding back into the dark ages where users needed reasons to write hateful things about Microsoft?

I like how it's not been considered the dark ages the past 2 years when we've had this exact type of talk constantly about Sony and their exclusive deals.