By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Evil Within 2 PREDICTION - Reviews & Sales Figures. Survival Horror is back!

Do you like survival horror games?

i love it !!!! 14 48.28%

Yes : ) 7 24.14%

Have fear.Only when I play with my friends 3 10.34%

no. 2 6.90%

i dont know. 1 3.45%

see results 2 6.90%

Total:29

Survival-Horror is back !! October-Release. The Evil Within 2 Prediction. The questions are:

1. What do you think .. how much % ? (Ratings)

Its hard to say.

2. Is Part 2 better than Part 1 (Story and Gameplay) ?

I'm sure: 2x Yes!

3. Worldwide sales figures, life time?

What do you think ? :) Here are 2 Trailer. PS: "The Evil Within 2" will be released on the same day as "Gran Turismo Sport" in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktn5r4R_pqk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oURAy59UWbg

Around the Network

I like horror games, but not a fan of the first game. Ill pass on this one. Guessing a 82.

Assuming the original sold about 5.5 mil on all platforms, i'll say:

2.7 Mil on PS4 lifetime digital + physical(only because PS3 users are going to buy it on PS4), 600k on Xbox One, 700k on PC(this is actually the hardest one to guess ... it could also be 1 mil)

I might pick this up when it releases. It depends on what reviews have to say about it. If Easy Allies and Destructoid like it I'll pick it up for sure.

Well, I'm not going to predict whether or not it's "better" than the original. I'll predict an 83 Metascore, 3 million sales lifetime.

Around the Network

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I'm extremely hyped for this game, but I'm aware that it has shown several problems in all the preview videos I've seen. I'm fairly sure it'll score similar to the first game, and I want to be optimistic, so I'll say this time around it'll be over 75 meta (based on the version with more reviews); around 78-82 would be my guess.

I think the original TEW sold around 4m, but I don't see this one pulling the same numbers. I think I can safely predict 2.5m for it, though.

My biggest complains with TEW2 right now are the animations, which seems worse than the original game (just look at Sebastian running away from enemies, it's hilarious, or when he's talking to another NPC and they get locked into that Deus Ex: Human Revolution/Silent Hill Homecoming lifeless conversation), and a general lack of polish I can sense (blood splatters, shadows, even how the guns are clipped to the back of Sebastian, which are now magically flying - on the original, he had a strap with a buckle where the weapon would hang from, it was a nice touch).

Wright said:

I'm extremely hyped for this game, but I'm aware that it has shown several problems in all the preview videos I've seen. I'm fairly sure it'll score similar to the first game, and I want to be optimistic, so I'll say this time around it'll be over 75 meta (based on the version with more reviews); around 78-82 would be my guess.

I think the original TEW sold around 4m, but I don't see this one pulling the same numbers. I think I can safely predict 2.5m for it, though.

My biggest complains with TEW2 right now are the animations, which seems worse than the original game (just look at Sebastian running away from enemies, it's hilarious, or when he's talking to another NPC and they get locked into that Deus Ex: Human Revolution/Silent Hill Homecoming lifeless conversation), and a general lack of polish I can sense (blood splatters, shadows, even how the guns are clipped to the back of Sebastian, which are now magically flying - on the original, he had a strap with a buckle where the weapon would hang from, it was a nice touch).

Thanks for your comment, very interesting : ) Hope the best, because The Evil Within has much potential in the future :)

Who buy it Day 1 ?

This + dark room = those scares you used to get as a kid playing RE1 & 2.