By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Tom Petty taken off life support, dead at 66

I never heard any of his songs, so I can't say I was a fan, but anybody who was respected and admired by one of the Beatles was A-Ok in my book. His, George, and Prince's spirits must be surely jamming to this:
R.I.P.

Around the Network

He never regained consciousness after a full cardiac arrest on October 1. Tom Petty was an American singer with numerous hit songs. Petty was 66. 13 studio albums, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and star on the Hollywood Boulevard.

He didn't make it. RIP

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

He has... free fallen. :( RIP to a musical legend.

They are dropping like flys now :( all the old legends.

Around the Network

Tom Petty was one of the greatest singer-songwriters in rock history.  Not only that, he was also fantastic in concert.  I was lucky enough to see him and the Heartbreakers about ten years ago.  Even though I've seen dozens of artists, he was one of the best without a doubt.

This version of Breakdown is easily one of my favorite "live" versions of any song--

think-man said:

Goes to show how much life is too short. He lived a pretty great life. RIP

think-man said:

Yeah, the classic rock artists are all getting old now, and unfortunately with the lifestyles they had it did not bode well for their lifespan.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings

Coming down ...

Is the hardest thing.

Goddamnit man, i'm starting to take this harder the more I think about it...