By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Mar1217 said:
I wonder if the musical commercial Ninty just posted will boost pre-order sales on Amazon. I mean, it's already #12 on the yearly chart, but it could probably reach the top 5 before the end of this week.

The next target is the main ps4 sku though, the slim!  That will be a tough catch. I also noticed 4 out of the top  5 games were Nintendo  ones, the only 1 to hang with them appears to be a heavily discounted HZD!

Around the Network

4 new XB1s bundles announced, one is Walmart exclusive and one seems to be Europe exclusive so I wont list those

• Minecraft Complete adventure bundle - 500GB XB1s, Minecraft + some DLC, Minecraft story mode season 1 and 1 month Xbox Game Pass. $279
  • Starter bundle - 500GB XB1s and 1 month Xbox Game Pass. $279 

poklane said:

4 new XB1s bundles announced, one is Walmart exclusive and one seems to be Europe exclusive so I wont list those

• Minecraft Complete adventure bundle - 500GB XB1s, Minecraft + some DLC, Minecraft story mode season 1 and 1 month Xbox Game Pass. $279
  • Starter bundle - 500GB XB1s and 1 month Xbox Game Pass. $279 

Or, you can get one of these from Walmart for 199.96 instead. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Microsoft-Xbox-One-S-500GB-Battlefield-1-Special-Edition-Bundle-Storm-Grey-ZZG-00028/54946638

The fire sales are a-startin'!

'A console is not just for Christmas' is definitely not a campaign slogan MS could legitimately run with. Perhaps 'Wait a year and get it cheaper' would be an option. Why do MS keep doing this?

The PS5 Exists. 

Nintendo really ought to ramp up production further. 2m a month over holiday season really isn't enough! I can imagine some pretty disappointed people come Christmas day!

Around the Network

15 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#5 NS Grey (same)
#14 SNES Classic (down 1)
#20 NS Mario (up 1)
#42 PS4 Pro Destiny (down 2)
#44 NS Neon (up 6)
#52 PS4 Slim (down 6)
#89 XBO S (down 10)

SOFTWARE (TOP 50 PREORDERS ONLY):
#1 NS Super Mario Odyssey (same)
#12 PS4 Gran Turismo Sport (up 2)
#16 PS4 South Park: The Fractured but Whole (same)
#18 PS4 The Evil Within 2 (up 4)
#26 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun (down 3)*
#29 NS Fire Emblem Warriors (up 9)
#30 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon (up 2)*
#34 PS4 Call of Duty: WWII (up 1)*
#37 XBO Call of Duty: WWII (down 3)*
#39 PS4 Assassin's Creed Origins (up 2)

Does not affect this month: *

It will be interesting to see how this does:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076BJ723V?tag=viglink20241-20

In my opinion, that's a bad cover. Why haven't they included details of the DLC on the cover? What does 'complete edition' even mean to someone who has never played this game?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

It will be interesting to see how this does:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076BJ723V?tag=viglink20241-20

In my opinion, that's a bad cover. Why haven't they included details of the DLC on the cover? What does 'complete edition' even mean to someone who has never played this game?

Didn't even think about that before, but I fully agree with you. If someone who doesn't know about the game or DLC just walks into the store or is on Amazon or something there's no way for them to know the difference between the regular game and this edition.

poklane said:

Didn't even think about that before, but I fully agree with you. If someone who doesn't know about the game or DLC just walks into the store or is on Amazon or something there's no way for them to know the difference between the regular game and this edition.

Not only that but putting Plus Frozen Wilds DLC on the cover gives it a much better value proposition. This is a weid decision. 

The PS5 Exists. 

RolStoppable said:

The box of the game has a backside and the average consumer is knowledgeable enough to pick a box from the shelf and read what's written on the backside.

The Amazon page is poor, I'll give you that. There's no image of the backside of the box, nor does the product description reveal what's included in the package.

Advertising 1.O.1: Make it bold, make it clear. This is a bad move by Sony.

The PS5 Exists.