By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

X1Gates said:
hudsoniscool said:
A Lot of doom talk when seeing that the Xbox one x is so low on the most wished for list. Normally I'd agree that it's alarming. In this case not really though.everytime the thing is available it shoots to number 1 and sells out in hrs. Which signifies demand(for now). Look I don't think this thing is going to have a problem selling out at most places this holiday whether they make 200k for 2017 or a million. After the holiday rush is over and we're in the slow months(most evidently slow for Xbox) that's when we will get a real idea how it's doing.

I think games like Anthem running in TRUE 4K on the XOX will help keep the sales floating above the ps4/pro for sure. 

I think snorting glue is your favorite past time.

Just kidding, but seriously. 

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Ok for real, what the fuck is going on with Mario Odyssey?
It's been first for like... too much... and there are still 2 weeks before the release.

This game is gonna do insane numbers lol

This is the proof that more people want Mario games like mario64, Super Mario Galaxy ect.

Hopefully nintendo realises this and they dont do anymore like Super Mario 3D world.

JRPGfan said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
It's been first for like... too much... and there are still 2 weeks before the release.

This is the proof that more people want Mario games like mario64, Super Mario Galaxy ect.

Hopefully nintendo realises this and they dont do anymore like Super Mario 3D world.

In his latest video, Dunkey made a really interesting point on how the camera keeps Mario in the center of the screen in 64, Galaxy, and Sunshine, but doesn't in 3D World.

GribbleGrunger said:
hudsoniscool said:
Didn't Sony only sell 250k pros in its first npd. Ms will most likely loose November but if it only does 200k or 300k x's it isn't because no one wants it. Shipments are obviously very low.

PSPro + PS4 = PS4
XB1 + X1X = XB1

It's the same market. Only those desparate to take a win from a loss are inclined to differentiate between the models, in the same way people isolate the UK from Europe in order to take a win from a loss. 

Who is doing that? Not me. It's obvious to anyone that Xbox vs PlayStation is s + x vs s + pro. But to gauge the success of the x(2nd midgen console ever) it absolutely makes sense to compare it to the pro(first mid gen console). 

I only brought this up because is see multiple people say that if Xbox doesn't take November npd it is a disaster. I'm thinking wait a minute how is it a disaster when the damn thing is sold out and the pro only did 250k. I know for certainty that if Xbox does 1.2 million in November with 300k being the x there will be a lot of talk about Xbox being dead and the x being a DUD.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

FIT_Gamer said:
X1Gates said:

I think games like Anthem running in TRUE 4K on the XOX will help keep the sales floating above the ps4/pro for sure. 

I think snorting glue is your favorite past time.

Just kidding, but seriously. 

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:

Who is doing that? Not me. It's obvious to anyone that Xbox vs PlayStation is s + x vs s + pro. But to gauge the success of the x(2nd midgen console ever) it absolutely makes sense to compare it to the pro(first mid gen console). 

I only brought this up because is see multiple people say that if Xbox doesn't take November npd it is a disaster. I'm thinking wait a minute how is it a disaster when the damn thing is sold out and the pro only did 250k. I know for certainty that if Xbox does 1.2 million in November with 300k being the x there will be a lot of talk about Xbox being dead and the x being a DUD.

It doesn't compare though, does it. The Pro had a low profile launch because Sony just wanted to offer an upgrade to those in the know (the enthusiasts) while keeping momentum for the PS4. MS are lauching the X1X as if it's a new generation, with all the flare and flash one would associate with that. You're comparing a low key launch to a high profile launch. Comparing 'launch' numbers of the Pro is simply ignoring the continued success of the PS4. Without the Pro, the average sales of the PS4 would have declined slightly, so the Pro merely kept the momentum on track to hit Sony's targets. People are expecting the X1X to reinvigorate the XB1 market and keep the brand selling better than the PS4/PS4Pro from that point on. It's not going to happen. 

The PS5 Exists. 

JRPGfan said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

I hope they do more games like SM3DW, it was fantastic. There's room for both types of games IMO, look how well 3D land and NSMB2 did on 3DS. 

GribbleGrunger said:

It doesn't compare though, does it. The Pro had a low profile launch because Sony just wanted to offer an upgrade to those in the know (the enthusiasts) while keeping momentum for the PS4. MS are lauching the X1X as if it's a new generation, with all the flare and flash one would associate with that. You're comparing a low key launch to a high profile launch. Comparing 'launch' numbers of the Pro is simply ignoring the continued success of the PS4. Without the Pro, the average sales of the PS4 would have declined slightly, so the Pro merely kept the momentum on track to hit Sony's targets. People are expecting the X1X to reinvigorate the XB1 market and keep the brand selling better than the PS4/PS4Pro from that point on. It's not going to happen. 

Let they dream man I mean imagine... Xbox brand been here since 16 years and never won a generation.

GribbleGrunger said:
hudsoniscool said:

I don't think very many people actually expect that though. None that I know of in the Xbox empire thread. Maybe snoopy 😂. Being a hardcore Xbox fan I sure as heck don't. The gen is over obviously. Europe is done. Is it possible in my biased opinion that Xbox can take some months going forward in the US AND U.K... yes. But even then it will certainly never beat PS4 worldwide(besides maybe Scorpio launch week).

Look gribble Im a Xbox fan and want to see Microsoft support it going forward. It even needs more support in the game development side. I'm not sure if Xbox one is a success or failure. It would depend on how much if any money they have/are making. But it's certainly a disappointment to go from 25 million xbox's, to 80 million 360's to where it's at now isn't good. I fear if the x disappoints ms will either stop making consoles or only have 1 foot in the door Like it's been for 3 years or so. So yes I want the x to succeed because I already know what the s is and what it is going to do.

and to the pro being low key vs the X being high profile thought. Your right it's true but for a 500$ machine to beat a 400$ machine(with a game) it needs that extra fluff. Especially when they are both doing the same thing.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:

I don't think very many people actually expect that though. None that I know of in the Xbox empire thread. Maybe snoopy 😂. Being a hardcore Xbox fan I sure as heck don't. The gen is over obviously. Europe is done. Is it possible in my biased opinion that Xbox can take some months going forward in the US AND U.K... yes. But even then it will certainly never beat PS4 worldwide(besides maybe Scorpio launch week).

Look gribble Im a Xbox fan and want to see Microsoft support it going forward. It even needs more support in the game development side. I'm not sure if Xbox one is a success or failure. It would depend on how much if any money they have/are making. But it's certainly a disappointment to go from 25 million xbox's, to 80 million 360's to where it's at now isn't good. I fear if the x disappoints ms will either stop making consoles or only have 1 foot in the door Like it's been for 3 years or so. So yes I want the x to succeed because I already know what the s is and what it is going to do.

and to the pro being low key vs the X being high profile thought. Your right it's true but for a 500$ machine to beat a 400$ machine(with a game) it needs that extra fluff. Especially when they are both doing the same thing.

You know what, I'm going to appologise. You seem a really genuine person and I'm sorry I bit like that. What's happened here, now I look back on this thread, is I've got you confused with someone else and just carried on in that mindset. Sorry about that, I really am. 

The PS5 Exists.