By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You like Breath of the Wild? Then you need to play Dragon's Dogma.

Tagged games:

Dragons Dogma is a really fun game. One of the best combat systems of a RPG. I'd love a Switch version! I own it on Ps3 + PC. I will probably get it on Ps4 just for trophies :P.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network

Loved DD:DA on the PS3. Getting it next week for the PS4.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Got it on PSN+ years ago for the PS3. Even with the technical issues it was amazing. Never got around to playing the expansion so I will probably pick this up down the road.

Wright said:
RobDX said:
Actually the love that some people show for DD on this site made me impulsively buy the disc for ps3 a couple of months ago. But I got the vanilla version and I keep reading (even on this thread already) that the expansion is what makes this game worthwhile so I'm not sure I should play it or just get it for ps4 (hopefully switch someday lol).

I loved the game in its original state, so you could give it a go. It's just that the expansion makes so many fixes and changes it really makes it the superior experience altogether.

That's good to know. Oh well I'll just play it since I already bought it anyways.

ktay95 said:

I tried DD on PC, stupid me put it on the hardest difficulty and got my ass handed to me. Never really played much of it in the end but would totally give it a 2nd shot if it had been ported to Switch.

Also we cant talk Dragons Dogma and not post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XBlBPtQW6g

THIS IS GODLIKE SHIT RIGHT HERE!!

I missed that song so much. Sold my original when I got Dark Arisen (which had more..."fitting" theme music). Haven't heard this in years. Thank you for posting that.

Around the Network

I played it years ago and still see it (gameplay wise) fairly superior than other AAA superstars like Skyrim. Both BotW and DD are awesome. Maybe DD has more enemy variety, but BotW combat system is more precise and refined. I think I prefer BotW, but DD comes next in terms of Action-Adventure/RPGs (Witcher 3 completes the Triforce of Excelence mainly because his story, because I feel DD world and mechanics better than Witcher 3, gameplay wise again).

I am waiting for dragon dogma 2 if there ever is one. Or a west release of Dragon Dogma Online.

I played it a year ago, didn't finnish it, the game is very good in some aspects  but at some point I started to get bored, it needs a sequel that does things better because there is a lot potential. Personally i don't think is even remotely close to the experience I had with BoTW.

BraLoD said:
Don't tell me what to play!
Now go play some LoD.

Beat it a couple of decades ago. I actually didn't like it. It was pretty medio...I mean, I didn't like it. I LOVED IT. It was pretty meaty. Pretty meaty... 😓

KLXVER said:
d21lewis said:

What in particular didn't you like?

Mostly having party members. Its just not fun in these kinda games.

Zelda is easily the superior game but, to me, they had a lot in common. I personally enjoyed having the companionship in DD and I tried to keep Wolf Link by my side as much as possible in BotW. I get lonely.

So lonely.