Mr. Domino said:
MANUELF said:
Mr. Domino said:
Hi,

Retail price of PS3 40gb $399
Retail price of Wii $249

$399 > $249

the end

Yes, and that is why the GC sell a lot more than PS2.

OT: Very good week to Nintendo and more important without big releases

That would be true since the GC is not really marketed and has no new games on the horizon while the PS2 still is/does?

Your ability to recognize sarcasm is about as good as your analysis of Wii/PS3 sales.

@Jai93485 That argument doesn't work. If the Wii were $399 it would have an additional $150 worth of technology inside it. It wouldn't be the same console with the same graphics, so there's no way to predict how an HD version of the Wii would have sold.

what part of this analysis is not true?

Retail price of Wii $249

$399 > $249?

Wow i guess it always comes down to the price argument for some, because its obviously not about what the systems actually offer. I guess thats why the PS" outsells the Wii every month.  

I don't understand why people can't just deal with the fact that, a lot of people want to buy the Wii for its merits alone. The evidence is there, it was sold out for almost over a year, and price is the reason you have behind that?  Though i do not have the pleasure of knowing you personally , you are more intelligent than that my friend

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network

Jai93485 said:
MANUELF said:
Mr. Domino said:
Hi,

Retail price of Wii $249

$399 > $249

the end

Yes, and that is why the GC sell a lot more than PS2.

OT: Very good week to Nintendo and more important without big releases

Oh please, the GC was never 150 dollars less than the PS2 let alone 250 dollars (that 80 gig). Yes it was a great week for Nintendo and all, but there's no way you could possibly think that if the the Wii was priced at 399 it would sell as great as it has. It's not performing the way it is JUST because of the motion sensing and some great titles.

Finally, someone who agrees with me that the 3DO totally won it's generation.

Wait... I don't think that at all.

Magnific0 said:
^MS dropped the price of 360 to Wii-levels in Europe and still doing nothing there. PS3 still a lot more expensive than Wii, and pricier than 360 too and managing almost Wii level of sales in Europe. High price PS3 beating 360 in America every month this year. I think the picture is getting pretty clear : By the time MS drops the price of 360 in USA it will be too late and the reaction will be similar to Europe's. A PS3 price drop will be a very different story. Can the Wii stand against a $300 PS3? that will be an interesting showdown. I think we will find out soon enough by Christmas. Say $200 Wii Vs $300 PS3.

I agree with most of what you are saying, but you have to admit that though price is a factor, its not a major factor. If anything all i see is when PS3 sells amazingly Xbox360 takes a hit and vice versa, but somehow the Wii consistently sells a huge amount, why should it be any different when the PS3 drops price. Though they definitely have a slight overlap in audience, what ever the PS3 seems to do, does not affect Wii sales. To me Thats telling enough.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

wow I always thought the "my consoles better than your console" argument we find on here is the most childish immature stupid pathetic argument you could have but here we have another contender with "my consoles more expensive than yours" and this has even developed into "my consoles more expensive than yours so yours isn't a real next gen console".

Simply amazing - well said Zen, yet again I agree with you 100%

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Neos said:
This is the beginning, watch the wii go to 200k every week in america when wii fit is launched and they start producing around 2.4 mil wii's a month.

Watch when wii sales drop to 40k in america by June, and it sells under 200k world wide.

Leo-J(oel)

How DOES a 15 year old get so delusional? Yes, Wii will drop off the face of the planet within a month of Wii Fit (which is exceeding all expected preorders in the UK and will sell millions in NA). Ever see what happens to a book featured on Oprah? Wait til you see what she does for the Wii.

Come up with a bet for your crazy prediction, I'll be the first in line to take you up on it.

Someone needs to tell your parents not to let you drink any more Sony KoolAid. It's REALLY got a hold of you. Not in a good way either. And that's nothing against the PS3 itself, just your blind fanboyism.

Pick your bet, preheat your oven for crow.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Lets circle the wagons before things get more out of hand than they need to be.

1st, I'm just merely pointing out the price difference of video game two systems.

2nd Ive made no other assumptions/claims other than the PS3 is more expensive than the Wii at retail price ( which again last I checked was still true)

3rd look at the context I was referring to...

---------------------------------------
Actually I was going to go into the state of the US economy with the housing crisis and runaway inflation on gas and food and how many people today are choosing entertainment based on price.
To say any other factor takes precedence is pretty much silly.
---------------------------------------

current state of the US economy...

If one can extrapolate PS2 sales vs Gamecube sales, videogame marketing strategy/ damage control and “my system is better than your system” from the above, you have too much time on your hands and should be debating more important and relevant issues.

FailureIsNotAnOption said:
dtewi said:
Nintendomination is trollish. Nintendo is just winning. That is all.

The Next-Gen competition is only between the ps3 and the xbox360. The Wii is a last-gen console with motion sensor controllers and last-gen graphics- So the Wii is dominating itself. Everybody,lets not get it twisted. Next-Gen competition has next-gen graphics. The wager of the next-gen console war is between the ps3 and the xbox360. Thank you for your attention and let the real next-gen console war continue.

@ Failure: You could also say the Wii is the only next gen console, as it has the only next gen control scheme. The other 2 are just HD consoles with last gen controllers.

Your post fails, the next gen war is all three consoles.

BAM! There it is!

Wow, Wii, DS, PSP, and even PS2 sales are up! The economy gets worse but gaming does better, amazing.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

@ free talk: Entertainment frequently does well when people are depressed (and the economy is depressing a lot of people). People need an escape.

BAM! There it is!