By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
  America

NINTENDOMINATION

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Leo, use a sarcasm tag like this [/sarcasm] so that people know you're joking.

Otherwise your obviously unpopular prediction will be met with lots of criticism.

You're entitled to your opinion but don't get riled when people disagree with it. Especially if your opinion goes against logic and reason.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I really fail to see what all of the arguing is about. The numbers speak pretty clearly to me:

Nintendo is doing really well right now -- way better than anyone could've predicted just a couple of years ago -- and with great releases coming up, it's unreasonable to expect them to slow down soon. The Wii is setting records with its fast pace of sales, and both it, and the DS, are bringing new gamers into the market place which cannot help but to benefit all gaming companies in the long run. It is hard to tell what impact WiiFit will actually have, at the moment, but it might seriously shake things up... that, SSBB, MKWii, WiiWare, and we haven't even gotten to E3 yet. What a year for Nintendo.

Sony struggled at first with the PS3, but it has improved sharply this year, perhaps in part due to the victory of Blu Ray. While the PS3 still must be considered a disappointment compared to its pre-launch hype and expectations, it has recovered immensely from the disaster scenario that seemed to be taking place only 6 - 8 months ago. Sony designed its hardware for a long haul, and the strategy might eventually pay off; large releases of staple series, like MSG4 and FFXIII, are likely to pull in late adopters from the PS2, and especially if grouped with another price cut. Unlikely to catch the Wii, but Sony is firing on all fronts right now with the PSP also performing steadily (hardware-wise, at least), and (most surprisingly of all) the PS2 continuing to sell strongly.

Microsoft is struggling a little bit at present, but its numbers are still good, especially for this time of year, and the large install base its early launch helped it to acquire guarantees that big releases sell well on the console. It seems to be losing ground against the PS3, and has been quickly surpassed by the Wii, but the 360 has little to complain about given what it has already accomplished and what releases like GTA4 are likely to bring. Despite the growing disparity between the install bases of the Wii and 360, Mario's ubiquity, and the fact that it was multi-platform, the fact that COD4 continues to outsell the seeming-consensus "game of the year," Mario Galaxy is... astounding.

That's it. All three companies have strengths and weaknesses, all three are doing well in the current generation, and all three will be represented in the next generation (I imagine MS first, and successfully so).

If we can agree on these points (which I think are fairly well backed up by the data), then what's left to argue about?

donathos said:
I really fail to see what all of the arguing is about. The numbers speak pretty clearly to me:

Nintendo is doing really well right now -- way better than anyone could've predicted just a couple of years ago -- and with great releases coming up, it's unreasonable to expect them to slow down soon. The Wii is setting records with its fast pace of sales, and both it, and the DS, are bringing new gamers into the market place which cannot help but to benefit all gaming companies in the long run. It is hard to tell what impact WiiFit will actually have, at the moment, but it might seriously shake things up... that, SSBB, MKWii, WiiWare, and we haven't even gotten to E3 yet. What a year for Nintendo.

Sony struggled at first with the PS3, but it has improved sharply this year, perhaps in part due to the victory of Blu Ray. While the PS3 still must be considered a disappointment compared to its pre-launch hype and expectations, it has recovered immensely from the disaster scenario that seemed to be taking place only 6 - 8 months ago. Sony designed its hardware for a long haul, and the strategy might eventually pay off; large releases of staple series, like MSG4 and FFXIII, are likely to pull in late adopters from the PS2, and especially if grouped with another price cut. Unlikely to catch the Wii, but Sony is firing on all fronts right now with the PSP also performing steadily (hardware-wise, at least), and (most surprisingly of all) the PS2 continuing to sell strongly.

Microsoft is struggling a little bit at present, but its numbers are still good, especially for this time of year, and the large install base its early launch helped it to acquire guarantees that big releases sell well on the console. It seems to be losing ground against the PS3, and has been quickly surpassed by the Wii, but the 360 has little to complain about given what it has already accomplished and what releases like GTA4 are likely to bring. Despite the growing disparity between the install bases of the Wii and 360, Mario's ubiquity, and the fact that it was multi-platform, the fact that COD4 continues to outsell the seeming-consensus "game of the year," Mario Galaxy is... astounding.

That's it. All three companies have strengths and weaknesses, all three are doing well in the current generation, and all three will be represented in the next generation (I imagine MS first, and successfully so).

If we can agree on these points (which I think are fairly well backed up by the data), then what's left to argue about?

This post gets a score of over 9000! And a rare friend request from me. You need to post more often.

Do any of you think the Wii can keep 150k in the US consistently? Or will it drop down again?

Around the Network
SlumsofOhio said:
Do any of you think the Wii can keep 150k in the US consistently? Or will it drop down again?

No , it will probably sell a lot of weeks more than 150k.

JUST REMEMBER!!! HOW BIGGER THE SIG, HOW SMALLER THE ****

Hi,

Retail price of PS3 40gb $399
Retail price of Wii $249

$399 > $249

the end

Soriku said:
SlumsofOhio said:

It will drop again. From the Wii patterns we've seen, Wii sales are dependent on supply. There is no way one week it will drop to 90k or a bit less in the US to suddenly 160k+ just because people "feel" like buying it on a certain week. No. Whenever big supplies come in the Wii will sell. Wii sales are dependent on how much Nintendo produce and of course they can't push out 160k+ in one week in the US and also big units in other regions all the time.

I also thought that they ship more If a large first party game is about to hit a particular region.

ClaudeLv250 said:
  America

NINTENDOMINATION

Does Reggie Fils-Aime not own a comb.

It's always bothered me that he has the most scruffy looking hair, and it looks rather dirty in this picture.

Also:

This post is exactly what I was talking about last page.

Mr. Domino said:
Hi,

Retail price of PS3 40gb $399
Retail price of Wii $249

$399 > $249

the end

Well, that sums up this thread.