By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PUBG exec contemplating 'further action' over Fortnite Battle Royale similarities

irstupid said:
It's an interesting thought. I mean if this was say board games and someone made a reskinned Monopoly, they would get sued and the game would never see light of day.

Yet in video games, there are copy cats everywhere. A new creative game or mode comes out and there are soon hundreds. Case in point some form of Zombie mode, or this topic.

You can infact reskin monopoly and make up your own skins, words, streetnames ect and it would be legal.

The same here, this is just a lawsuit hopeing to scare away competition.

Also imagine if someone tried to claim "copyright" on any game that looked to much like a first person shooter, because they invented it?

It would be stupid right? same deal here, this is a stupid lawsuit.

Around the Network

Yes yes yes. This opens up the possibility for Sony to sue Nintendo, and finally make an All Stars game : )

Mordred11 said:
But didn't H1Z1 do it first? :thinking:

Its made by the same Dev.

The PUBG devs saying Fortnite's Battle Royale mode is similar to PUBG is the best possible free advertising they possibly could have gotten lmao.

jason1637 said:
Mordred11 said:
But didn't H1Z1 do it first? :thinking:

Is it?

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Yes yes yes. This opens up the possibility for Sony to sue Nintendo, and finally make an All Stars game : )

Except Nintendo did it first so this situation should be reversed :P

What? Sony is the first at everything! Just like the PS move

betacon said:
jason1637 said:

Is it?

Player Unknown, the creative director at Bluehole (developer's of Player Unknown's Battlegrounds) also helped with H1Z1: King of the Kill.

betacon said:
jason1637 said:

Is it?

Brendan "PlayerUnknown" Greene created the Day Z mod, and consulted in the H1Z1 Battle Royale design.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Hahaha yeah, good luck with that.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

What a bunch of wankers.