By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Switch's best feature as a console

It's... you can take it with you and continue playing games on it?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Ganoncrotch said:
Most consoles since the Sega saturn have a battery in them.

Visible on the top right corner of the Saturn

Bottom right of the PS2

Sega and Sony beating Nintendo to their best feature by 20+ years.

That's to keep track of time, right?

Oh lord yes, sorry it was a joke. Sorry couldn't reply yesterday as I had login issues.

But even if the OP was serious about the feature being the best then you could still say that Sega had a battery in the Gamegear (6 of the bloody things) or if you wanted built in battery rather than disposable then the PSP 1000 first generation had rechargable unit right out of the box... if you wanted a Hybrid console with a fixed battery installed in it then the PSPGO has a TV out and a built in battery, it uses bluetooth to connect to the DS3 though which can be used to connect to bluetooth headsets for audio while playing so it actually has some features which Switch does not.

Either way though, my original comment was meant as a joke really, Switch with just a battery and not all the other Nintendo wizardry inside it would not be a console that I've almost clocked up 600 hours on, still though... the battery is swell!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
VGPolyglot said:

That's to keep track of time, right?

Oh lord yes, sorry it was a joke. Sorry couldn't reply yesterday as I had login issues.

But even if the OP was serious about the feature being the best then you could still say that Sega had a battery in the Gamegear (6 of the bloody things) or if you wanted built in battery rather than disposable then the PSP 1000 first generation had rechargable unit right out of the box... if you wanted a Hybrid console with a fixed battery installed in it then the PSPGO has a TV out and a built in battery, it uses bluetooth to connect to the DS3 though which can be used to connect to bluetooth headsets for audio while playing so it actually has some features which Switch does not.

Either way though, my original comment was meant as a joke really, Switch with just a battery and not all the other Nintendo wizardry inside it would not be a console that I've almost clocked up 600 hours on, still though... the battery is swell!

I did get the joke, for the record.

Sometimes it is just fun to have fun.