By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Blizzard charges people 88000$ to host a StarCraft Remastered tournament, game sold below 200k units

Pemalite said:
Jranation said:
I see no one interested at this game.

Should there be? It's almost a 20 year old game. And it plays exactly the same as a 20 year old game.
It just got a visual overhaul.

Blizzard still managed to get me to buy the game a 4th time, so there is that I guess.

I bought it for the updated visuals and UI alone . It's still nice to go back and play both Original and brood war's campaigns all over again. I even have to learn how to micro like the old days, especially with the mineral line.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Pemalite said:

Should there be? It's almost a 20 year old game. And it plays exactly the same as a 20 year old game.
It just got a visual overhaul.

Blizzard still managed to get me to buy the game a 4th time, so there is that I guess.

I bought it for the updated visuals and UI alone . It's still nice to go back and play both Original and brood war's campaigns all over again. I even have to learn how to micro like the old days, especially with the mineral line.

The limitations forced you to be a better player in my eyes... The 12 unit limit for instance essentially meant you were forced to use control groups and manage them seperately, which meant more strategy... It's certainly better than controlling one big giant fat death ball of units and ramming that into the opponents death ball of units in StarCraft 2.

You do get used to the updated visuals... Then when you press F5 you will wish to stab yourself in the eye with a fork. Haha

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I don't understand why people are jumping on the OP. Blizzard is not a sacred cow. They use alot of underhanded gounging methods despite drowning in money. They don't deserve beeing treated specially.

Be it loot boxes, expensive tournaments, 40 dollar mounts and a P2W game on their battle net (destiny 2).

Blizzard is no saint and deserves criticism like every other greedy triple A developer. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Chazore said:

All he's going to do is bide his time and wait to post more threads on SC having bad news and generally anything towards PC in a bad light.

Pretty much. I would have some thoughts/opinions on this. But considering A. who the OP is and his history and B. the fact that the only source used is... a forum post (seriously, WTF?) I can't be sure this is even slightly accurate, so why even bother?

I only bothered like last time because OP was acting in the usual way and thought that needed pointing out (again sadly).

Nem said:

I don't understand why people are jumping on the OP. Blizzard is not a sacred cow. They use alot of underhanded gounging methods despite drowning in money. They don't deserve beeing treated specially.

Be it loot boxes, expensive tournaments, 40 dollar mounts and a P2W game on their battle net (destiny 2).

Blizzard is no saint and deserves criticism like every other greedy triple A developer. 

No, Blizzard isn't some sacred cow, but OP has a history that others here easily recognise. In recent times, the OP has created multiple threads that shine a bad light on PC gaming in general, from hardware requirements (both real and fake), to a game on PC apparently "flopping", all while trying to make a point on how X RTS game should come to PS4. Ask anyone within this thread (thus far) and they will tell you the same story, in fact one of them within my quote above knows what I know of OP and his agenda.

All he does is bide time before the next form of negative news about PC gaming or a PC  game crops up, then he goes to post it. It reminds me of the user called Sh1nn and when he used to post negative Nintendo news a lot of the time. 

Also, if you're going to talk of underhanded methods, you should probably paint all the other publishers while you're at it.

Destiny 2 is Activisions court btw, that and Blizz had no hand in creating the game as that was Bungie, with Activision as publisher. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Charging people to host a tournament of your game? Is that a common thing?

Do the developers of rocket league charge you money to host a tournament?

Sounds terrible.

Around the Network

Activison Blizzard is doomed!

SR388 said:
Starcraft Brood War will always be a classic. Brood War had LAN. Brood War it did not have micro-transactions. Brood War had esports before esports were popular. I purchased Overwatch, but I am not sure I will be getting the next Blizzard game given the current business practices that Blizzard is using.

It is nice that Afreeca TV is still doing Brood War esports (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK5eBtuoj_HkdXKHNmBLAXg/videos). I hope Blizzard does not kill Brood War esports now that it is making a come back.

Yeah overwatches Microtransactions are pretty bad.

Ka-pi96 said:
Chazore said:

All he's going to do is bide his time and wait to post more threads on SC having bad news and generally anything towards PC in a bad light.

Pretty much. I would have some thoughts/opinions on this. But considering A. who the OP is and his history and B. the fact that the only source used is... a forum post (seriously, WTF?) I can't be sure this is even slightly accurate, so why even bother?

The forum post has the eact korean source in it which i posted the translation http://m.sports.naver.com/esports/news/read.nhn?oid=468&aid=0000299523

Barkley said:
Charging people to host a tournament of your game? Is that a common thing?

Do the developers of rocket league charge you money to host a tournament?

Sounds terrible.

Its common thing however the sum that Blizzard demands is outrages, espcially for a game that is limited to Korea and Korean sponsors who finance these tournamnets.

Jranation said:
I see no one interested at this game.

I agree, the main reason is because they left out other platforms. Everyone allready played it on PC, there is no reason to repurchase it again espacially since the original is for free now and plays eactley the same. 

All what you get is the new graphics and Ranked match ups, everything else you can access for free. At least on consoles you would have something different because it doesnt exist on the platform.

Pemalite said:
Ruler said:
opinions?

Most of the "opinions" got covered in the last StarCraft thread you made.
Doubt many people have anything new to add.

pretty sure it isnt. I have almost definitive proof of their sales numbers which are 200k> and they charge 88k for tournmanet host fees because the game bombed.

Ultrashroomz said:
Did Blizzard kill your dog or something?

Yes pretty much, they ignored and misshandled some of my favorite games despite having tons of $$$. 

Ruler said:
Pemalite said:

Most of the "opinions" got covered in the last StarCraft thread you made.
Doubt many people have anything new to add.

pretty sure it isnt. I have almost definitive proof of their sales numbers which are 200k> and they charge 88k for tournmanet host fees because the game bombed.

And?
It's a PC game. Revisit the sales in 20 years time when the game is still selling.
The original StarCraft didn't hit 10 million sales over night you know.

In-case you aren't aware... PC game sales suffer from a phenomena known as "legs". They just keep on selling, just keep on selling, just keep on selling.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--