By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So GT Sport requires an online connection for a majority of the content, and has no real career mode

Tagged games:

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
flashfire926 said:
I'm out of here, this thread is full of gt fanboys that are a lost cause and live in 2003. Adios.

Do not call people fanboys. 

Fine, i'll change it.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

So people who haven't liked GT in a decade are mad about a game they weren't excited for in the first place? Game was announced as an online focused game around competition lol

It'll be the highest selling racing game this year by 2 fold most likely regardless of all this fake hate.

Preston Scott

flashfire926 said:
DonFerrari said:

Except they didn't used the PS2 models to save time, they didn't remove the models to have variety. They had more premium models than any racer launched at the time had cars at all.

That's false.

Forza 3 had 400 cars. Forza 4 had 570 cars. They did use ps2 models to save time. It took this much time because they work at a smail's pace. If they they tried to make 1000 new cars gt5 would still haven't been released to this day.

As far as I remember Forza 5 got heavy criticism because of lack of content.

Yes, they used to save time because it was impossible to remove those cars right? ¬¬

Weren't you leaving?

NATO said:
DonFerrari said:

Except they didn't used the PS2 models to save time, they didn't remove the models to have variety. They had more premium models than any racer launched at the time had cars at all.

Ah yes, 75+% of the cars in GT5 were poorly upscaled GT4 vehicles at launch because polyphony wanted us to have more choice out of the goodness of thier hearts, and totally not to boost vehicle numbers with minimal effort. 

Which is totally why GT6 used both GT4 and GT5 along with reusing all engine sounds too. 

Face reality man, GT is a beloved pet that spent the last 10 years standing by the fireplace after dying and paying a taxidermist a visit. 

Is it any wonder the franchise is so fucked when people defend its most unfathomably stupid aspects blindly? You know what will make GT good again? People unanimously telling them its gone shit, patting them on the back and saying good job will just ensure that all GT will ever be is the disabled kid trying to keep up with the rest of class on sports day. 

Yes they were poorly upscaled GT4 vehicles.

Nope, not because of their kind heart, but because the vision of Kaz on that is for you to have the car collector intent. Yet you still aren't demanded to play with they. Yet show how many racing games have 250 (25% using your own metric) high level asset cars.

I'm facing it. I played GT5 and GT6 and were very happy with the game as a whole.

GT Sport is a very different game from GT6 so yes sure they are being patted and decided to keep doing the same.

flashfire926 said:
DonFerrari said:

GT is a sim and that is what their public want. And PC is very bad sim in case you don't know, it get nowhere near beating any GT game. Saying Street Fighter is a better game than Mario (being true or not) means anything when their public is different? Nope. So your point is useless... again you are basing your point in an unreleased game, Hipocrisy? Nope I played GT 1-6 and know the quality to expect from GT Sport, so expecting it to be better than DC isn't hipocrisy, but since you brought it, how can you evaluate GT Sport to be sure it will be worse than DC for sure?

Yes GT6 "only sold 5M" show which other racing IP got it. Owww besides MK none.

The game aim is completely different and it was made from ground up on new engine, new assets by a team that is 1/3 of Turn 10.

People who are into racing games are much more positive on Pcars and Pcars 2 than GT sport. Of course normal people favour GT sport, because of the brand name. The argument is more like cod infinite Warfare vs Doom, where the more popular one isn't neccessarily the better one. People who are into racing know that there is a huge shortage of content (many of the 177 cars are race clone variants, see for yourself), and very underwhelming for 4 years of work.

Still here spreading hate and name calling?

Nope, PCars is a very bad racing simulator on PS4, in fact it controls so bad that at times I felt DC were more precise, let alone GT6.

You seem so very into racing, you above normal people.

NATO said:
DaveTheMinion13 said:
So people who haven't liked GT in a decade are mad about a game they weren't excited for in the first place? Game was announced as an online focused game around competition lol

It'll be the highest selling racing game this year by 2 fold most likely regardless of all this fake hate.

But will that be because it's actually good or because the install base is twice the size of its rival? 

"fake hate" my ass, too. 

Isn't PCars 1 and 2 in PS4? Haven't all previous MP racng on PS plats and got beaten by GT? Haven't Forza sold less on X360 even when it had more userbase?

And just to remember, attach ratios aren't linear with userbase.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Can a mod lock the thread please? Apparently GT will sell fine so there's no reason to discuss legit criticisms with the game.

NATO said:
Ah yes, 75+% of the cars in GT5 were poorly upscaled GT4 vehicles at launch because polyphony wanted us to have more choice out of the goodness of thier hearts, and totally not to boost vehicle numbers with minimal effort. Which is totally why GT6 used both GT4 and GT5 along with reusing all engine sounds too. Face reality man, GT is a beloved pet that spent the last 10 years standing by the fireplace after dying and paying a taxidermist a visit.

Is it any wonder the franchise is so fucked when people defend its most unfathomably stupid aspects blindly? You know what will make GT good again? People unanimously telling them its gone shit, patting them on the back and saying good job will just ensure that all GT will ever be is the disabled kid trying to keep up with the rest of class on sports day.

Nailed it.