By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project Octopath Traveler demo is excellent

Did you like the demo?

Yes 38 54.29%

It was ok 12 17.14%

No 2 2.86%

It was freaking amazing! 18 25.71%

Total:70

I am still not done with the demo, and it is unexpectely long, but god dammit it, it surpassed my expectations!The combat is freaking amazing, blending traditional turn based combat with the system introduced in Bravely Default, the art style is simply gourgeous, the enemies are a call back to how the enemy art was done up until Final Fantasy 6(with a slight animation to make even more appealing), and the game seems to have a nice story!

My only concern with the story is that it will be 8 separate stories that only crosses with each other, but otherwise remains separated.Hopefully thats not the case, and there is a bigger plot, and when you play as everyone(or something of the like), you unlock the final part of the game.

But otherwise, this game got me by surprise.I mean, I already expected a great game, but this seems to be above and bayond!What do you guys think?What were your experiences with the demo?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I'm playing it now.

Ohhhhh, this totally slipped under the my radar. I want to try it out right now xD but I let my brother in-law take my switch with him on vacation since I wasn't really using it. Will it still be available next week? or is it limited time?

think-man said:
Ohhhhh, this totally slipped under the my radar. I want to try it out right now xD but I let my brother in-law take my switch with him on vacation since I wasn't really using it. Will it still be available next week? or is it limited time?

Its there for good as far as I know.I mean, they didnt say it otherwise.

But yeah, the fault is on you for lending your Switch right before a direct XD

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

I'm absolutely LOVING this game. It's really what I've been craving in a RPG for some time now.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

I am still not done with the demo, and it is unexpectely long, but god dammit it, it surpassed my expectations!The combat is freaking amazing, blending traditional turn based combat with the system introduced in Bravely Default, the art style is simply gourgeous, the enemies are a call back to how the enemy art was done up until Final Fantasy 6(with a slight animation to make even more appealing), and the game seems to have a nice story!

My only concern with the story is that it will be 8 separate stories that only crosses with each other, but otherwise remains separated.Hopefully thats not the case, and there is a bigger plot, and when you play as everyone(or something of the like), you unlock the final part of the game.

But otherwise, this game got me by surprise.I mean, I already expected a great game, but this seems to be above and bayond!What do you guys think?What were your experiences with the demo?

OP, ALWAYS put a "see results" in your polls.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

palou said:
Nautilus said:

OP, ALWAYS put a "see results" in your polls.

It screws with the percentage.I thought about adding it, but choose not to because of that reason.

Can't wait to get home and DL this. How big is the file?

The_Yoda said:
Can't wait to get home and DL this. How big is the file?

Really small.Around 700 MB if Im not mistaken.

Really smooth RPG from the demo.