By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Wanted: PC Game Recommendations

naznatips said:

If you want games that are better on PC, don't skip CoD4 even though you already have it on 360. It's signifficantly better on PC. Between the tighter controls and the 50-man server cap it's basically a whole new game, and easily worth coughing up for again. Other stuff...

Shooters:

-CS: Source is good.
-The Orange Box is a must buy. Covers basically all the best shooters ever in one great package.
-The Unreal Deal Pack on Steam will get you all Unreal games for $60.
-Bioshock plays great on PC and looks even better than the 360 version ($30 on Steam).

RTS:

-Warcraft 3 and The Frozen Throne expansion
-Sins of a Solar Empire
-Supreme Commander (though it's not really to my tastes many like it)
-Company of Heroes (WWII RTS game if this counts as historical to you)
-Rise of Legends

TBS:

-Heroes of Might and Magic IV
-Gadget Trials
-Age of Wonders 2

RPGs:

-Baldur's Gate 2
-Diablo 2
-Fallout 2
-KOTOR
-Deus Ex
-Arcanum
-Baldur's Gate (Using Tutu)

-Neverwinter Nights
-Planescape Torment
-Jade Empire

Others:

-Audiosurf on Steam is awesome fun for $10
-Sam & Max is great.
-StarLancer
-Free Lancer
-Tachyon The Fringe (only for Bruce Campbell fans)

Future games:

-Starcraft 2
-Spore
-Left 4 Dead
-A bunch of stuff I can't remember off the top of my head.

Around the Network

Guild Wars

If you look around you can get the original for $10-20 and the newest expansion for ~$20.  Otherwise the expansion is $30-40. 

Supreme Commander is a very well made RTS. If you're going to get any of them you might as well get that one. It's certianly the most epic RTS ever made.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Don't listen to WoW. Heroes V >>>>>> Heroes IV. IV is the worst in the franchise.

naznatips said:
Don't listen to WoW. Heroes V >>>>>> Heroes IV. IV is the worst in the franchise.

Hah.  I knew that would get you.

No comments about the rest of it?  Then again I bet you haven't played a few them (ie. Gadget Trials). 

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
naznatips said:

Hah. I knew that would get you.

No comments about the rest of it? Then again I bet you haven't played a few them (ie. Gadget Trials).

No, I think the rest of them are good picks.  You are right that there are some I haven't played (Gadget Trials, StarLancer, and Tachyon the Fringe).

naznatips said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
naznatips said:

Hah. I knew that would get you.

No comments about the rest of it? Then again I bet you haven't played a few them (ie. Gadget Trials).

No, I think the rest of them are good picks. You are right that there are some I haven't played (Gadget Trials, StarLancer, and Tachyon the Fringe).

I strongly recommend playing StarLancer (Joystick/keyboard setup is almost a must IMO).

Tachyon is okay as a game, but the best part of the game is Bruce Campbell's snarky commentary as the main character.

Gadget Trials is essentially Anime + Advance Wars.  Very entertaining.

CS 1.6 is still the most played. Source is only good for mods you can't find on 1.6.
Orange Box is only worth it if you don't have HL2 already. TF2 gets boring after 20 mins.
Decent amount of people still play WC3 melee/Dota.
Space Cowboy Online for a free flight sim mmorpg. Heavily PVP-oriented.
Surprised no one mentioned Black and White 1 or 2. Best games that Lionhead Studios ever made imho.

vtx said:

Surprised no one mentioned Black and White 1 or 2. Best games that Lionhead Studios ever made imho.

They've made what...  7 games?  Most of them Black & White/Fable games.

I've never liked Black and White.  The game just didn't interest me. 

Team Fortress 2, Team Fortress 2, Team Fortress 2.