By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just another week on Steam

Truthfully, I did the mass selection of RPG maker games on Steam more concerning.

Around the Network

Touch my spinner?

Is it just a fidget spinner sim?

Would pay for crowd funding for the port to consoles. $1000 make it happen.

Yep, Valve is complete shit and should be ashamed that they don't even put a cent into curating their store. while raking in billions.

Then again, maybe it's better than actually curating your store and still letting through obvious trash.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ali_16x said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

To be fair, I would looooooooooooooooooooove to simulate suicide!

Are we seriously going to pretend like the PS4 isn't the same?

Say what you will about Jim, but he makes a good point. Also, I don't see Valve funding Knack 2 xD

Lmao no, the PS4 is not like that, 5-10 games doesn't make it like Steam, most of Steam games are literal shovelware.

That's true but shouldn't we be concerned that it has even a single trash game on the store? Consoles were the ones curating their stores while Valve does no curating whatsoever. So the trash on Steam didn't "slip through", it just went there. On the PSN people actually looked at the games and thought they were fine to publish. That's certainly a concerning development for a curated store testing to see what it can get away with.

What's worse? A broken down building that no one has visited in the past 5 years with an expired fire extinguisher. Or a bustling mall that just had a recent inspection and still has expired fire extinguishers.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Steam Direct has done very little to solve the issues that Greenlight had with the landslide of awful games being released every single day. The only real difference is that Steam now hides them from the front page so things seem better on the surface, but the actual problem hasn't gotten any closer to being solved.

Around the Network

The joke is over. Knack 2 is Bad 2.

Since when is 7.1/10 "bad".

I'd let you off with mediocre.

Barkley said:

The joke is over. Knack 2 is Bad 2.

Since when is 7.1/10 "bad".

I'd let you off with mediocre.

imo

Darashiva said:
Steam Direct has done very little to solve the issues that Greenlight had with the landslide of awful games being released every single day. The only real difference is that Steam now hides them from the front page so things seem better on the surface, but the actual problem hasn't gotten any closer to being solved.

It's like piling all your shit in the closet when you have guests come over.  Out of sight out of mind.

How many games are being released on Steam on average and how many are avaible at this point. How many games are being released on PSN on average and how many are avaible at this point?

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:

How many games are being released on Steam on average and how many are avaible at this point. How many games are being released on PSN on average and how many are avaible at this point?

You're right. Steam has way more games to play that offer people a variety of games of their choosing that based on their preferences they can choose to play or purchase, whereas by comparison the PS store is very limited. Glad we got that covered.