By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 users, are you taking advantage of the External HDD option?

Tagged games:

Do you like external HDD support?

I love it! 50 40.98%

I hate it! 1 0.82%

I don't need it! 27 22.13%

Options are good. 37 30.33%

Other: 7 5.74%

Total:122
KLAMarine said:
SvennoJ said:
Nope, not using it. I already have to much clutter with 1Tb storage, too much scrolling to find stuff. If you can't find anything to delete when the 1Tb drive is full, finish something first! Less installed, faster booting, less scroll time! (What's up with that rebuilding database every time you turn on the ps4?)

Is it not possible to organize stuff on the PS4?

Sure, you can make folders, or simply delete old stuff. It's faster for me to pull the game I want of my shelf than find it in the library or whatever folder I put it into! Organizing physical cases is so much faster and easier to keep track of, at least for me.

Around the Network

Nope waste of time.Once I finish a game I delete it.

d21lewis said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Never used buddy. Nice to see you´re still using your PSVR gear.

Went through a little phase where it wasn't being used. I even forgot how to connect it! I'm back in love with it now, though.

And in a bit of genius design, the ridges in the PS4 actually hides the cable. Out of sight, out of mind.

Very cool. Tried the US Air Force free game? It is quite a cool experience.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I would if I had any spare money to buy an external HDD. I am in serious need for space on my PS4.

I love external drives. I keep nothing on internal storage whether it's Xbox, Playstation or PC.

Why? Portability. I can take the drive and plug it into another console and access my entire collection without having to wait on lengthy installs, downloads or updates.

But I guess that is only a convenience for those who might own multiple consoles of the same type.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
d21lewis said:

???

What? I cant switch back and forth, PC to PS4 ... ? I dont know, tried to connect a 2tb WD HDD (USB3) and PS4 couldnt read it. Like i said too much work involved.

Did you try both ports?

I think I attached the same make and size as you and the top port couldn't be read. So I put it in the bottom one and it was good to go. 

Doesn't every console require new memory to be formatted? Seems like it'd be a huge hassle to move memory between a console and PC

No, i don't use an external HDD. For now i'm fine the 1TB HDD of the Pro but if i need some extra space i would prefer to change the internal one rather than use an external HDD.

Nope, I'm a noob and that 500GB is still plentiful with the 5 or so digital games I have on it.

Seriously I don't have the budget or time for enough games to fill up the internal HD, let along need expansion. I don't know how anyone does unless they only have one console.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Nah, I prefer internal drives and 1tb is more than enough for me atm.

Don't like having an extra box, using an extra plug socket, having more wires around. And it makes things easier if I'm moving my console or taking it somewhere.

QUAKECore89 said:
I'm using a 5TB external HDD, i love it, i'm finally able to get more giant complete edition PS4 games without annoying re-download or reinstall over again.

Can you install games on it if bought digitally? 

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website