By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How to start your first post / thread

Did this help you?

Yeah 5 38.46%

Nope 8 61.54%

Total:13
BraLoD said:
caffeinade said:

I am glad we are getting some really good advice out there.

It's all for the sake of the community <3

We shall reap what we sow.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
pokoko said:
Post an Alex Jones video. That seems to be insanely popular here.

Alex Jones? Who's that?

pokoko said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Alex Jones? Who's that?

I do not see the appeal, please explain.

I want to personally thank you for making this thread. These tips are going to help both me and future members to better adjust to the VGChartz community. Discussions like this make the members seem much more relatable and communicative. Something essential when wanting to attract more people.

Smartie900 said:
I want to personally thank you for making this thread. These tips are going to help both me and future members to better adjust to the VGChartz community. Discussions like this make the members seem much more relatable and communicative. Something essential when wanting to attract more people.

I am glad that someone was able to make some use of this.
Clearly there are some jokes here, and you don't need to take all of the advice verbatim.
Have a good time, that is, what we are ultimately here to do.
Or something like that.

Around the Network
caffeinade said:

You do not need to have something super profound to say,

Don't be afraid of having your thread flop, it happens to the best of us and you will rebound, if you keep at it.

Best advice for someone like me ... I do, surely like most people, have illogical anxieties that are along those lines :D

Hearing/seeing that shows that you're sympathetic and not just another Internet troll looking to ruin someone's day. I think including that in the OP will make a positive change in itself :>

Was expecting this to be a Rol thread. But, can't say I'm disappointed. Nice tips, OP.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I've been lurking since the winter of 2011. I've seen others try to get lurkers to come out, but this and other recent threads is the biggest push I can remember. Good job guys

GunreilFirehaus said:
I've been lurking since the winter of 2011. I've seen others try to get lurkers to come out, but this and other recent threads is the biggest push I can remember. Good job guys

YES!! We managed to do it!! Welcome to the site!!

TK-Karma said:
caffeinade said:

You do not need to have something super profound to say,

Don't be afraid of having your thread flop, it happens to the best of us and you will rebound, if you keep at it.

Best advice for someone like me ... I do, surely like most people, have illogical anxieties that are along those lines :D

Hearing/seeing that shows that you're sympathetic and not just another Internet troll looking to ruin someone's day. I think including that in the OP will make a positive change in itself :>

Thanks, I did my best to do as much as I could, I am glad that I was able to reach some people.

GunreilFirehaus said:

Hopefully we can continue to make this site more friendly and valuable to its users, and the remaining lurkers.

RolStoppable said:
IkePoR said:
Was expecting this to be a Rol thread. But, can't say I'm disappointed. Nice tips, OP.

I could and should write a thread about circumventing the forum rules. Lots of people are afraid to post because they live in fear of the mod team.

That is a really good idea, please do.

*hides behind a nearby rock*