http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9865&Itemid=59
By Kris Graft
It's always unfortunate to hear when a developer has been forced to shut its doors, but when you find out that the project a studio was working on is a game with such hardcore clout as Carmageddon, it all stings just a little more.A senior games industry executive familiar with the situation told Next-Gen in an e-mail Monday that Pseudo was working on the game for SCi subsidiary Eidos when the publisher decided to pull the project, which sent the studio in a mad rush to find another project at this year's Game Developers Conference in February.
Voicemails left for Pseudo were left unanswered Monday, along with e-mail sent to Eidos PR regarding the fate of the project.
With the tagline, "The Racing Game for the Chemically Imbalanced," SCi and Interplay released the original Stainless Games-developed Carmageddon in 1997 for Windows and Mac. Players would progress through the game by crashing competitors' cars and running over pedestrians, among other methods.
With two next generation vehicular combat games under its belt in the form of 2006's Full Auto for Xbox 360 and Full Auto 2: Battlelines for PlayStation 3 (both published by Sega), Carmaggedon would've been a logical property for Pseudo to work on.
Our source, who isn't directly affiliated with either Pseudo or Eidos, said Pseudo had two teams laboring on projects at one point, but by the end, neither was working and a couple of self-funded prototypes found no interest with publishers.
A report on consumer site 1Up cited an anonymous source who confirmed the closure of Pseudo late last week.
Carmageddon, and in turn Pseudo, fell victim to a massive restructuring plan at SCi, which involved the company killing off 14 projects and laying off 25 percent of its workforce.
--------------------------------------
Guess Mesoteto was right in saying killing deveopers kills off potential games :(








