By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is going to sell better on the Switch, Skyrim or FIFA 18?

Tagged games:

What is going to sell better on the Switch, Skyrim or FIFA 18?

The Elder Scrolls V. Skyrim. 193 44.06%

FIFA 18. 160 36.53%

They will practically sell the same. 20 4.57%

The rabbids will consume us all. 65 14.84%

Total:438

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

With how well Fifa 18 is currently selling on the E-shop I've gotta believe it's going be on top once Fifa 19 releases which undoubtely would kill any sales it could still get.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
https://nintendoeverything.com/fifa-19-confirmed-for-switch-will-have-improved-graphics/

So FIFA 19 is confirmed for the Switch, so we can all assume FIFA 18 will basically die once 19 is out. As such, I'll finish this comparison once it comes out.
Mbolibombo said:
With how well Fifa 18 is currently selling on the E-shop I've gotta believe it's going be on top once Fifa 19 releases which undoubtely would kill any sales it could still get.

Hold up. Wouldn't this imply that even though Fifa 18 may pass Skyrim soon, Skyrim will eventually outlive it?

How are we deciding who the 'winner' is?
(They're both obviously winners, but this distinction may matter to some people)

Shaunodon said:
Darwinianevolution said:
https://nintendoeverything.com/fifa-19-confirmed-for-switch-will-have-improved-graphics/

So FIFA 19 is confirmed for the Switch, so we can all assume FIFA 18 will basically die once 19 is out. As such, I'll finish this comparison once it comes out.
Mbolibombo said:

Hold up. Wouldn't this imply that even though Fifa 18 may pass Skyrim soon, Skyrim will eventually outlive it?

(They're both obviously winners, but this distinction may matter to some people)

Yep that's very likely. Skyrim will outleg Fifa 18 in the longrun but Fifa 18 will probably have better sales when Fifa 19 comes.

Mbolibombo said:
Shaunodon said:

Yep that's very likely. Skyrim will outleg Fifa 18 in the longrun but Fifa 18 will probably have better sales when Fifa 19 comes.

So who 'wins'?

Shaunodon said:
Mbolibombo said:

So who 'wins'?

Well, Skyrim has a decent advantage already (we don't know digital numbers for either of them) so I guess the winner is the one that sold more by the release date of FIFA 19.

Based on the graphs, I think Skyrim is the winner. When you consider that Fifa 18's days are numbered, that tilts it even more toward Skyrim.