By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Mods.. Why is flaming OK when it comes to emulation threads?..

It's because 99% of people using emulators are pirates, just like 99% of PC gamers are pirates. So it's fine to shit on emulators and PC gamers.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
vivster said:
It's because 99% of people using emulators are pirates, just like 99% of PC gamers are pirates. So it's fine to shit on emulators and PC gamers.

Lets say this was true for a minute (Steam would state otherwise.. but ok). That still does not make it ok for the 1% that doesnt.

If you look at the emulation threads you will notice that most people trashing emulators make sure to pretend to not include the 1%.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If it isnt Nintendo, MS or Sony then you can say whatever you like, thems the rules.

"A head mod PM'd me and asked me for proof that i own Persona 5 (Instead of just warning or banning the ones flaming) and when i told him id show him proof as long as he banned the users who called me a pirate, he never replyed back."

Lol, that's honestly pathetic as fuck.

The reason why people weren't banned might partially be because of bias against PC, but I think a bigger part is that it's debatable whether or not people who emulate are pirates. I say this as someone who supports emulation - it is debatable and arguably a debate worth having. Now, I agree that a lot of the anti-emulation crowd in that thread were being asshats. But they're not bad users, people, and aren't repeat offenders either.

Besides, it doesn't really matter if someone specifically calls a user a pirate or not, because the whole point is that people believe emulation is piracy, so if you're using emulation then by their viewpoint you're logically a pirate, and if you aren't using emulation but you're defending it ... well ... they'll probably just assume that you are using emulation. I don't think calling someone a pirate because they're defending emulation is exactly a class A insult.

Still, I think it being a PC thread has a big part to do with it.

Don't worry about baseless accusations OP, just argue with the facts, present your case (as I did on the thread you mentioned) and when you see the other side stop arguing the facts and resort to ad hominem just disengage.

At the end of the day even if they are wrong, they are still allowed to have their opinion

Around the Network

We need more PC mods? I think what you mean to say is that we need a pro emulation mod?

It should be perfectly fine to talk about emulators as long as NO piracy is advocated (zero talk about warez and shit). It's too bad emulation talk turns into a shit show. If should be exciting to see how a PC can run console games at better potential.

That's bullshit that you were asked to show your copy of Persona 5. Most other gaming sites can talk about emulators without devolving into a console warrior shitshow. There was stuff brought up that had zero to do with the emulation of Persona 5, just being asshurt that console architecture can be recoded to PC.

RJ_Sizzle said:
It should be perfectly fine to talk about emulators as long as NO piracy is advocated (zero talk about warez and shit). It's too bad emulation talk turns into a shit show. If should be exciting to see how a PC can run console games at better potential.

That's bullshit that you were asked to show your copy of Persona 5. Most other gaming sites can talk about emulators without devolving into a console warrior shitshow. There was stuff brought up that had zero to do with the emulation of Persona 5, just being asshurt that console architecture can be recoded to PC.

I'm genuinely curious. How can you play on an emulator without using a ROM? What if I want to emulate an NES game? is a ROM considered piracy?

Can you please pinpoint the offensive posts in that thread? There are around 250 posts discussing that topic, tell us which ones you find offensive.

I'm not sure why you let it bother you so much but there's an actual thread for queries like this. The official moderator thread. You're more likely to get a reply from there