By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Warriors lets you play at 60 FPS in exchange for lower resolution

Fire Emblem Warriors will offer something that we haven’t really seen with Switch games before. In this month’s issue of Japanese magazine Nintendo Dream, it’s revealed that the game will allow players to select a higher frame rate in exchange for a lower resolution.

Director Hiroya Usuda indicated that Fire Emblem Warriors was created with a 1080p resolution and 30 frames per second experience in mind. However, an option is included so that you can increase the frame rate to 60 FPS while lowering the resolution to 720p. Usuda hopes that those who want a focus on action can give the option a look.

What Usuda was discussing should only apply to the Switch version of Fire Emblem Warriors. The New 3DS version will almost certainly run at 30 frames per second similar to Hyrule Warriors Legends.

Something else worth mentioning from the Nintendo Dream interview is that you can change from Classic to Casual Mode while playing. If you do so, lost characters will be revived. However, the game was made so that you can’t change from Casual to Classic.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

The hell? This isn't normally 1080p 60fps? It's ugly as hell...wtf. I mean I get it has a lot of action but ..  Well ... it's better to have an option that to not. Oh well, props to the 60fps mode

Good. Letting players choose between framerate and resolution allows both camps to get an experience that suits them better.

While I dont plan to buy the game, I personally would pretty much always opt for 720p/60 over 1080p/30 given the choice.

Options 😧

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

How would that work on undocked?

Around the Network

The Switch cant be that underpowered to the point where it cant run a 3DS game in 1080 60fps, or is it

TorterraBoy said:
The Switch cant be that underpowered to the point where it cant run a 3DS game in 1080 60fps, or is it

This isn't a 3DS game, the New 3DS version will be a massively downgraded port of the Switch version with like 1/10th the amount of characters on screen, just like Hyrule Warriors.

morenoingrato said:

Maybe 720p/30fps vs 540p/60fps?

curl-6 said:
TorterraBoy said:

This isn't a 3DS game, the New 3DS version will be a massively downgraded port of the Switch version with like 1/10th the amount of characters on screen, just like Hyrule Warriors.

morenoingrato said:

Maybe 720p/30fps vs 540p/60fps?

Ok I didn't know 3DS version of hyrule warriors was heavily downgraded

TorterraBoy said:

It is powerful enough to run MK8 at 1080p60fps tho.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Good guys KT, they did this with Nioh too.