By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yu Suzuki Explains Shenmue III's Stiff Facial Expressions

Thats because its still in early development and will inevitably be delayed.

Around the Network

All will be fine...
When does this game come out?

BraLoD said:
Sounds bad for a 2018 release.

They gon' be a busy bunch until then. Maybe it'll help if they keep this as vintage as possible xD 

vivster said:
Still think this has a good chance of becoming a train wreck. Though not before it's gonna be delayed many times.

Never.  Susuki-San has never once put out a single bad game.  He has a history of only putting out stella titles.

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

only777 said:
vivster said:
Still think this has a good chance of becoming a train wreck. Though not before it's gonna be delayed many times.

Never.  Susuki-San has never once put out a single bad game.  He has a history of only putting out stella titles.

And how would you know that? His last big console game he developed was Shenmue 2 16 fucking years ago.

also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu_Suzuki#Canceled_games

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
only777 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu_Suzuki#Canceled_games

I'm not sure what your point is.

I've played every game he put out between 1985 to 2004, and every single one was stella.  If you know a bad one, just let me know.

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

I hope they don't overreach given their size and resources. The facial expressions really don't bother me, and while they can obviously be improved fairly easily I really hope outside pressure doesn't make them aim too high in that department. It seems like when people try too hard to capture real facial expressions, it always winds up looking weird and creepy lol

Even the games that do it "right" often look a little unsettling, like the recent Hellblade. If you keep their emotions in check and just have them look concerned, peeved, content and so forth it can look great, but as soon as they try to replicate "coy/smartass" or more extreme emotions like terror or fury, they almost always just look bizarre.