By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SNES Classic Preorders! Who Got one?

Literally got one at best buy last night, Glitched out during payment and lost mine, fugging pissed right now.

Around the Network
The_Yoda said:
I'll just break out my Super and play if the desire strikes.
Ariakon said:
The_Yoda said:

LOL they did a shitty job I ordered 28 but was only able to get 2 ... lol sorry the bashing seems silly when some people are buying huge amounts.

On topic: Good for Microsoft they need all the wins they can get real or massaged. PR talk or not, selling out in 25 minutes is a good thing (unless you're Nintendo) .. damn it, did it again. I'm taking this as a positive.

I am bashing Nintendo a little bit. Especially after last year, they knew exactly how insane the demand would be for their system and they still only provided a relatively meager amount. I'm not a scalper, my man, I bought one for me and one for my brother and his family, and the only reason I was able to do that is Amazon juked out scalpers by putting their preorders under a differently titled sku that I happened to stumble across at 4 am yesterday morning after trying and failing to get an order in at Best Buy. Had I not just come home from Oxford and had a resulting wonky sleep schedule I wouldn't have had a chance to order one. Other sites sound like they sold out in seconds, rather than minutes.

It's an amazing product, and Nintendo is a great company, but I don't think it's controversial to say that they sometimes have problems with providing enough supply to their customers.

This was in fact a limited edition.  I mostly blame the scalpers.  I still kind of hope that Nintendo is going to screw the scalping community and release way more of these than what they got pre-orders for.  You are right to a degree though and this is Nintendo so I'm not going to hold my breath for that scenario.

got the EU/PAL version of SNES mini.