By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - A very good commentary on the state of Xbox by a well spoken youtuber

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Chazore said:

And yet people will follow his words as if they were, just like those that follow Crapgamer, JaytechTV etc.

No. that dude has a life and posts commentary when he can. Trust me... if he had a debate with crapgamer he would run circles around him just off of basic logic. He knows the difference between subjectivity and objectivity and that's Always the first step to having a decent start to an argument. He knows where the draw his argument. i don't always agree with bond but the guy is right. I guarantee you that if Xbox was putting out good games that bond would be talking about them. He also doesn't have the infamous "fear of missing out" "like a lot of gamers.

I've been aware of his talks like I've been aware of your ever ongoign stance towards Xbox.

I tell you this now, anything MS does for that system will never satisfy anyone, no matter what. I know you'll likely now throw out some kudos, but tbh, the kudos could have gone without me having to mention that nothing can be done to satisfy non Xbox consumers. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

No. that dude has a life and posts commentary when he can. Trust me... if he had a debate with crapgamer he would run circles around him just off of basic logic. He knows the difference between subjectivity and objectivity and that's Always the first step to having a decent start to an argument. He knows where the draw his argument. i don't always agree with bond but the guy is right. I guarantee you that if Xbox was putting out good games that bond would be talking about them. He also doesn't have the infamous "fear of missing out" "like a lot of gamers.

I've been aware of his talks like I've been aware of your ever ongoign stance towards Xbox.

I tell you this now, anything MS does for that system will never satisfy anyone, no matter what. I know you'll likely now throw out some kudos, but tbh, the kudos could have gone without me having to mention that nothing can be done to satisfy non Xbox consumers. 

That's not true.Microsofts problem is that hey are in a console realm that where traditionally exclusives differentiate one brand from another. Sega mastered it to survive against Nintendo because of Nintendos old policies. THey sold games in the arcades. Sony learned to adapt but relied too heavily on third party until Microsofts came and took the third party exclusivity from them. It forced Sony to double down on their growing first party and look at gen today. Microsofts has only grown everywheee but games. The one thing that matters is the one thing they have little to no growth in. They also have a perception problem because they will take any game from third party indiscriminate of whether it represents them. The one two things Microsoft has on lock is multiplayer and indies and they are losing mind share about leading in that to sony. They make great hardware and secure decent third party but the cries are not unwarranted. People want Microsoft around because if both brands are being pushed by one another for our dollar we win. Look what it did for sonys first party.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
spemanig said:
"A very good commentary on the state of Xbox by a well spoken youtuber"

Um, I need to introduce you to some new Youtubers. Fast.

ReviewTechUSA and Realgamer?

More like Super Bunnyhop and Writing on Games.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
spemanig said:
"A very good commentary on the state of Xbox by a well spoken youtuber"

Um, I need to introduce you to some new Youtubers. Fast.

Please do. What did he say that was so wrong?

He talks (and likely thinks) like an internet troll.

Watch this video on a similar topic by an actual well-spoken youtuber.

spemanig said:

ReviewTechUSA and Realgamer?

Lol, I was joking. Those are good picks. I'm a big fan. 

Super Bunnyhop, Writing on Games, Matthewmatosis, TheGamingBritShow, Raycevick .... and Joseph Anderson is ok(though extremely overrated in the analysis community)

I will say though that from what I've watched, Writing on Games and Raycevick's videos on Hellblade are extremely innacurate. Sometimes it seems like analysists grasp to anything "deep" ... even when it isn't. Which is why I love matthewmatosis and Bunnyhop. 

Around the Network
spemanig said:

Super Bunnyhop, Writing on Games, Matthewmatosis, TheGamingBritShow, Raycevick .... and Joseph Anderson is ok(though extremely overrated in the analysis community)

I will say though that from what I've watched, Writing on Games and Raycevick's videos on Hellblade are extremely innacurate. Sometimes it seems like analysists grasp to anything "deep" ... even when it isn't. Which is why I love matthewmatosis and Bunnyhop. 

I agree with literally everything you've just said.

spemanig said:

Really? That's kind of surprising. Lot of people seem to fall head over heels for the Joseph. Cool to see someone else that enjoys analysis channels! 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

That's not true.Microsofts problem is that hey are in a console realm that where traditionally exclusives differentiate one brand from another. Sega mastered it to survive against Nintendo because of Nintendos old policies. THey sold games in the arcades. Sony learned to adapt but relied too heavily on third party until Microsofts came and took the third party exclusivity from them. It forced Sony to double down on their growing first party and look at gen today. Microsofts has only grown everywheee but games. The one thing that matters is the one thing they have little to no growth in. They also have a perception problem because they will take any game from third party indiscriminate of whether it represents them. The one two things Microsoft has on lock is multiplayer and indies and they are losing mind share about leading in that to sony. They make great hardware and secure decent third party but the cries are not unwarranted. People want Microsoft around because if both brands are being pushed by one another for our dollar we win. Look what it did for sonys first party.

Yes, I'm also aware of your view on what MS should do and how you always bring that up at any turn on MS's actions or decisions (Which si why I'm not surprised as to why you nod and agree with a guy who shares your exact same stance and every other guy, this will never ever change until you get what you want).

MS is still going to continue doing what it wants to do. We're in a gen where there are less and less exclusives (besides the obvious first party, but even then MS knows to cater to PC as well, while Sony doesn't as they no longer have any ties to PC) and more focus around just selling to any user base that can be reached, I honestly find that to be better than simply locking everything away to one system.

I'm sure this site wants Xbox around,only because it benefits their console, not the fact that XBox could use more benefits itself. Look at how well Xbox has been doing thanks to Sony taking the lead?, great isn't it? (that was sarcasm btw, I don't see this gen ever becoming an exact replica of what happened to Sony last gen, to egt MS to suddenly invest big time into 1st party this gen, because it clearly isn't happening).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

spemanig said:

Really? That's kind of surprising. Lot of people seem to fall head over heels for the Joseph. Cool to see someone else that enjoys analysis channels! 

I think he's more into writing long analysis than writing succinct ones. Mat gets away with a 6 hour dark souls commentary because the audience knows he wouldv'e made it 6 minutes if that was all there was to say. I do like some of his stuff though.

But yeah, I'm obsessed.

"LOL BlackB0ND"

"Yeah, but what do you think about what he says in the video?"

"Last year he talked about Zaire LOL"

"Uhm, cool? But about the video..."

"He brags about his social life, what a loser!"

"Are you going to talk about the video, or not?"

"He is so hypo..."

"Ugh, im done."