By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect: Andromeda will have no more single-player content

I was going to get it when it was patched and better but I might just never get it now I think they slightly improved an "ok" game but it will never be great, just like mafia 3

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

Aaand EA runs another one down! Well done EA! You are still the scum of videogames!

Always ruining perfectly sucessful series. Where my C&C huh?! I really hate EA, but because of those damn sports games they will never go down. :(

It's sad how this game turned out and that the studio ended up being shut down. I can't tell if this is due to lackluster programmers, publishing constraints, or both. Either way, the whole "FUCCKK YOU X PUBLISHER" thing is getting kind of old ... at some point I think we should recognize the value of mistakes a developer can make. Honestly it seems like a lot of problems with games these days are on both ends, and it seems like publishers have become the target to throw our darts at.

Is it really that bad that Mass Effect is dead anyways? I don't think we need another Mass Effect game ... and this was a side studio correct? Bioware will probably rebound. Just sad that Anthem will probably be their last golden egg.

This is so sad. The game was really good. A solid 8/10 at launch, and likely better now with the patches.

I put nearly 100 hours in to it on single player alone.

Poor form EA/Bioware.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Nem said:
Aaand EA runs another one down! Well done EA! You are still the scum of videogames!

Always ruining perfectly sucessful series. Where my C&C huh?! I really hate EA, but because of those damn sports games they will never go down. :(

This was on Bioware. They had five years of development time. Wasted more than three of them on the proof of concept stage. And turned down an offer to delay game from the publisher.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
This is so sad. The game was really good. A solid 8/10 at launch, and likely better now with the patches.

I put nearly 100 hours in to it on single player alone.

Poor form EA/Bioware.

This. I actually thought it was a pretty big improvement from ME2 and ME3. Had it not been for the stupid facial animations, we would potentially see it as GOTY condendor. But EA doesn't give second chances often (Dead Space 3 as an example). Hopefully they'll be willing to reboot it in 5-6 years once the memory of Andromeda is gone, but I have my doubts.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I just started the game... (rented though). I'm having a lot of trouble getting into it. Combat changes are nice (especially the idea of profiles), but I've yet to find a reason to give a shit whether or not the mission is successful. I'm a couple of hours in and I can't remember the name of any character besides Sara.

Couple of more hours to change my mind before it goes back to gamefly.

Good, more time to work on better games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Hmm, I'm trying to think of which EA franchise I'd like to be resurrected. Ultima X? That'd certainly be interesting.

VGPolyglot said:
vivster said:

Hmm, I'm trying to think of which EA franchise I'd like to be resurrected. Ultima X? That'd certainly be interesting.

Why resurrect anything when they have a perfectly good Dragon Age lying around? I won't say Mirror's Edge anymore since they obviously cannot handle that IP.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.